• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1994 XJ $6500

was the snorkel in response to the butcher jones incidient??

Um, yes. What's funny is I've never needed it since then. But believe you me, if there is water I could go through it now :looser:

Hey Sidewall, I re-read this entire thread trying to understand what the hell are you thinking!!! I lost a good friend when mine burned down. I have to say that the YJ build is coming slower than I would like, but the lack of space I had in the XJ make things a little difficult. I only want to build it once so you have to think things thru. So...What the Hell are you Thinking???

Hey Sidewall, I re-read this entire thread trying to understand what the hell are you thinking!!! I lost a good friend when mine burned down. I have to say that the YJ build is coming slower than I would like, but the lack of space I had in the XJ make things a little difficult. I only want to build it once so you have to think things thru. So...What the Hell are you Thinking???

Fine. You guys had to drag it out of me. I'm selling because....because....I'm going into professional figure skating and need to buy new skates and a tutu ok ! lastara

It's been my childhood dream ever since, well um, childhood. :wstupid:

Actually, I'm not selling it, I'm TRYING to sell it. Dude, when you see what I'm looking at doing next (after I pay some bills), this XJ will just be a distant (fond) memory.

I'm either gonna build a Tacoma (no bed) or go straight buggy. I've had my fun with this rig (LOTS OF FUN). And I do admit, it is the best it's ever been, but it's still not what I want. I still care about the looks, I'm still only on 35s. I want a sleeper rig, that I can rag on, probably on one tons and definitely on 37s or more.

But now hear this. Bearwagon, Kraker, AZXJ, cdhowell, Jager, Bigassalex, Stewie, XJ Project, bhorocks, jpslickrocks, BIGAZXJ etc. etc. are still on my wheelin buddy list NO MATTER WHAT. I don't need an XJ to wheel with you nincompoops. I just get tired of everyone outwheeling me on less built rigs. :gee:

And who says I'm right. I'm sure I'll regret it but that's why I have you Charlie...to tell me "I told you so"

But now hear this. Bearwagon, Kraker, AZXJ, cdhowell, Jager, Bigassalex, Stewie, bhorocks, jpslickrocks, BIGAZXJ etc. etc. are still on my wheelin buddy list NO MATTER WHAT. I don't need an XJ to wheel with you nincompoops. I just get tired of everyone outwheeling me on less built rigs. :gee:

I didn't want to wheel with you anyhow:smsoap::kissyou:

But now hear this. Bearwagon, Kraker, AZXJ, cdhowell, Jager, Bigassalex, Stewie, XJ Project, bhorocks, jpslickrocks, BIGAZXJ and Jeep Pox etc. etc. are still on my wheelin buddy list NO MATTER WHAT. I don't need an XJ to wheel with you nincompoops. I just get tired of everyone outwheeling me on less built rigs. :gee: Especially Jeep Pox !!!

And who says I'm right. I'm sure I'll regret it but that's why I have you Charlie...to tell me "I told you so"

There, fixed.

But I gotta say, you guys use the kissin and huggin emoticons a little liberally !

Its been 74 days, 16 hours, 38 minutes since the XJ went up like the Hindenburg. I gotta say I'm jonesing for a ride. Build your buggy or Taco or what ever. Keep the XJ the AC. the ability to drive to and from the trail. I know that money is always an issue, but a pile of parts in the driveway won't fill that need to get out.

But now hear this. Bearwagon, Kraker, AZXJ, cdhowell, Jager, Bigassalex, Stewie, XJ Project, bhorocks, jpslickrocks, BIGAZXJ etc. etc. are still on my wheelin buddy list NO MATTER WHAT. I don't need an XJ to wheel with you nincompoops. I just get tired of everyone outwheeling me on less built rigs. :gee:

Now that is some love!

Its been 74 days, 16 hours, 38 minutes since the XJ went up like the Hindenburg. I gotta say I'm jonesing for a ride. Build your buggy or Taco or what ever. Keep the XJ the AC. the ability to drive to and from the trail. I know that money is always an issue, but a pile of parts in the driveway won't fill that need to get out.

You can always bum a ride with me. We go out quite often. Probably gonna go run Elvis in the next couple weeks then maybe UW if time permits

About the snorkel...

Assuming you're using an Airflow and not an ARB Safari, the intake should look a little something like this:

airflow3.jpg

But when I see your intake, it looks as though there is no connection?

Jeep047-1.jpg

How is yours set up? I can see you have the air compressor in the way, but I just couldn't see any connection from the snorkel to the airbox. Maybe another picture would help...

ROFLMAO, you guys thought I just had the snorkel up there but not tied into the airbox. That would be hilarious, I mean I don't even know how to respond other than to say it looks exactly like ubercurtisb's. I just didn't take a picture of it.

The way it is installed is you use a hole saw to cut the back of the airbox. Then you pop rivet and silicone seal the fitting that comes into the kit. Then you seal the old air entry point with a piece of plastic pop-riveted and siliconed. Finally you cut your hole in the fender, route your tube, slip it over the fitting that is now installed in the back of your airbox and viola' - a snorkel.

You can always bum a ride with me. We go out quite often. Probably gonna go run Elvis in the next couple weeks then maybe UW if time permits
Thanks for the offer I might take you up on that. The Yj is so close that in 2 weeks I might just meet you for a shake down run.

You want another XJ? I'm actually looking to trade mine for a YJ built or not.
Actually its kind of like an ex-wife. Been there, done that, Time to move on. When I am finished with the YJ (if there is such a thing) I'll start looking for an MJ. At least thats the plan right now.

Back