• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1994 jeep cherokee lowered on 22"

jeepnuts311 said:
what about driveshaft length? if you lower it more than maybe 2 inches, wouldnt the rear d/s be too long?

-tim

i havent had any issues with driveshafts being too long with lowering my xj

tealcherokee said:
i havent had any issues with driveshafts being too long with lowering my xj

how much is your jeep lowered? i just figured that eventually you would hit the end of the splines in the slip yoke, but i guess factory bumpstops is about as low as you can go anyways...so n/m

-tim

jeepnuts311 said:
how much is your jeep lowered? i just figured that eventually you would hit the end of the splines in the slip yoke, but i guess factory bumpstops is about as low as you can go anyways...so n/m

-tim

Well you reach a point when lowering where the pinion is virtually the same level as the T-case output. Its not going to get any closer than that.

streetpirate said:
oh, and lets keep the flaming to stupid people, not people with different opinions.

What's the difference?
devil-smiley-009.gif

EIBACH makes lowering springs for XJ's - they dont list it on their website but i have seen them listed in their catalog, yea they make some for grand cherokees too so dont get them mixed up. please for everybodys sake DONT CUT your coils! when you lift a vehicle you dont weld some more coil on to make them taller, you go get new ones! anyways in the front your wheels will rub on the lower control arms when you turn at full lock, in the rear they will rub - the bottom edge of the inside of the fender well can be beat in just a little with a rubber mallet to help with no effect on the vehicle. let us know how it turns out. and :moon: everyone thats giving you crap about lowering your cherokee.

forgot to tell you, dont do a spring under - it will end up lowering your xj bout 4"-5" which will give you alot more rubbing problems! now it would be about right if you had 18's (i put some 18's on my 94 for laughs and 3" lower would have been perfect!)

JJacobs said:
I have supported this club by providing tons of tech support over the years. Here's a question: how did Naxja come to be? I doubt anyone in this thread could give me the answer. Check the history before spouting off.

My first post in this thread was to red91inwa's telling some guy how it's gonna be. Wasn't he a candidate for pres or something a year ago, and that's the attitude. You'll find similar in other higher-ups around here, hence my comment. Yet I still lurk here. Don't like it? Tough.

I was a Presidential Candidate? I must have been gone that day.

actually, since you drug my ass into this...is that NO ONE speaks for EVERYONE...here or anywhere else.

ESPECIALLY someone who just walked in the door.

I've been helped by you in the past...but if you think everyone is gonna stand around and talk for the entire group here...your wrong.

Bubble burst.

Back