• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1994 jeep cherokee lowered on 22"

chop top, flat black w/ red pinstripes, tubbed with drag slicks, turbo stroker, linked rear, rull cage. any less and it would be a crime to lower it.

highrollerzaudio said:
i know its different to lower a jeep but i'm doin something different on this project a kind of urban concept jeep . i was wonderin if u could lower a 1994 jeep cherokee country 2wd on 22" rims and tire 265/35/22 my stock tire r 225/75/15 the stock tire have a height of 28.29 inches and r 8.86 in wide the other one is 29.30 height and 10.43 an wide... if u think i can lower it how much to still have full turn??? some rims stores say yes u can others say no u can't anybody know? does anybody no who makes a lowerin kit 4 this jeep as weel?
You better not be from the country Lebanon, giving us Lebanese a bad rap like that.

Although most of us are offroader's, its still an XJ when its lowered. I am generally opposed to lowering vehicles because you lose loading capacity and easier to bottom out when you are flying down the road.

Don't be like all the dummies by cutting your springs. It makes the ride really bouncy. I laugh at ricers who bounce down the freeway because they cut corners by cutting their springs. Look into new springs specifically for the lowered application. Makes the ride much smoother without sacrificing spring compression.

I agree that anything over 18 inches of rim looks goofy. 19s/20s maybe ok on an XJ since the wheel wells are big enough but leave enough sidewall so you dont hit a pot hole and get a bent rim.

XJdePlato said:
I think I speak for everyone when I say we are all anti-lowering of XJs. Sorry but we're all offroaders and aren't too into the urban thing. But the front would be easy, just chop the coils. But the rear, since it's spring over is goin to be tricky to lower. My advice is buy an escalade

You don't speek for me, and never will.
I am acutally looking for a 2wd, 2dr XJ, to drag race. Yea its different, thats why I want one. Nothing but a shell basically.
406" built SBC, one T76GTS from Percision Turbo or a monster PT88, Intercooled, carb'd blow through, TH400, and mid to high 9 sec quarter mile times. Easy 1100 hp with all the right parts and tuning. 1200+ hp with the PT88.
Of course, the suspension will be modded to handle the power, and put it to the ground.
Once my current one is done though. And Escalades are fugly BTW.

XJdePlato said:
I think I speak for everyone when I say we are all anti-lowering of XJs. Sorry. My advice is buy an escalade

OK. Lets start from the top.

1. You only speak for yourself around these here parts, not EVERYONE.

2. You have 36 posts as it has already been pointed out.

3. Before you feel the need to sackride some guy ( wether he's trolling or not ) you need to fill out a membership application and pay up. If you cannot find the membership application form too bad.

4. I think I speak for 81% when I say....STFU.

Until you become a member, which doesn't give you any special privledges,... learn and burn.

edit:This post has been edited and sanitized by the NAXJA posting authority.

^ ^ ^ ^
Found above is precisely why I will never give NAXJA a dollar. You guys seem to think this club actually means something in the grand scheme of things, guess what- it doesn't.

Anyway, my MJ is lowered a hair right now. It looks pretty decent but one of the motor mounts is in the way of an UCA. I'll try to get it all sorted out when the turbos go on. Might be 2 years at this rate. :rolleyes:

I stumbled across a bunch of pics of an XJ on airbags, ridin 24" spinnaz and saved em for an April :jester: post. Enjoy
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=81427

spk9df.jpg

tealcherokee said:
thats photoshopped...........
I don't think so, there are some build pics in my post and there were more where I found those.
IIRC it's on cardomain.com

JJacobs said:
^ ^ ^ ^
Found above is precisely why I will never give NAXJA a dollar. You guys seem to think this club actually means something in the grand scheme of things, guess what- it doesn't.

Anyway, my MJ is lowered a hair right now. It looks pretty decent but one of the motor mounts is in the way of an UCA. I'll try to get it all sorted out when the turbos go on. Might be 2 years at this rate. :rolleyes:
Good God, do us all a favour (members and users alike) and shut the hell up...

Red was flaming the asshat for calling out the guy who wants to lower his Jeep, you dingdong. The point is NOT to speak for EVERYONE, and Red made that perfectly clear. He was not flaming anyone for wanting to lower their Jeep, only the asses that think lifting is the only way to go. If you think the club is worth nothing in the grand scheme of things, then quit being a sackrider and roll on down the block...

Membership doesn't give you anything more than fun in the Den and the knowledge that you are supporting something WHICH DOES MUCH MORE GOOD THAN EVIL. How many countless persons have been helped by this site. Have you? If you haven't, then you must be the greatest mechanic superstar the world has ever known...

Jeez, I've never felt less Canadian than right now... Politeness and apologies be damned...

:soapbox:

Beej said:
Good God, do us all a favour (members and users alike) and shut the hell up...

Red was flaming the asshat for calling out the guy who wants to lower his Jeep, you dingdong. The point is NOT to speak for EVERYONE, and Red made that perfectly clear. He was not flaming anyone for wanting to lower their Jeep, only the asses that think lifting is the only way to go. If you think the club is worth nothing in the grand scheme of things, then quit being a sackrider and roll on down the block...

Membership doesn't give you anything more than fun in the Den and the knowledge that you are supporting something WHICH DOES MUCH MORE GOOD THAN EVIL. How many countless persons have been helped by this site. Have you? If you haven't, then you must be the greatest mechanic superstar the world has ever known...

Jeez, I've never felt less Canadian than right now... Politeness and apologies be damned...

:soapbox:

x2.....

JJacobs said:
^ ^ ^ ^
Is it just me, or does it seem very hypocritical for someone with over 550 posts on the NAXJA forums to outrightly denounce the club? If you don't like it, then leave. Declaring that you'll never support the club seems pretty low when you have obviously spent a lot of time on the club forums, getting helpful and money-saving advice from its members.

I have supported this club by providing tons of tech support over the years. Here's a question: how did Naxja come to be? I doubt anyone in this thread could give me the answer. Check the history before spouting off.

My first post in this thread was to red91inwa's telling some guy how it's gonna be. Wasn't he a candidate for pres or something a year ago, and that's the attitude. You'll find similar in other higher-ups around here, hence my comment. Yet I still lurk here. Don't like it? Tough.

JJacobs said:
Don't like it? Tough.
or they'll kick you out, and you'll be on post 1 again under a new alias hopefully you'll go straight to JU. plus you aint got tha sticker biatch.

icon10.gif

that just looks silly. cut the bling, and move straight to performance. lower it and put 17's on it. do you know how much those wheels weigh? how are your brakes now? how will they be if you add all that weight to the rotating mass?

oh, and lets keep the flaming to stupid people, not people with different opinions.

Back