• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Recall

My girlfriend had a Ford Pinto in college...we survived. I had a Chevy truck with saddle tanks...still here.

I knew there was a reason why I didn't get a GC.

There have been mumors of this sort for years, I love how they decided to tack on the 93+ XJ (despite the 84-92) being identical to the 93-96, and nearly identical to the 97+ Plus tossing in the 02+ KJ.

Honestly to me it feels like a sort of fishing without any real basis, I suspect the end outcome of this will be null.

There have been mumors of this sort for years, I love how they decided to tack on the 93+ XJ (despite the 84-92) being identical to the 93-96, and nearly identical to the 97+ Plus tossing in the 02+ KJ.
Identical...except for the whole completely different gas tank thing between those years, with the earlier tanks being made out of metal, then redesigning their structure and switching over to plastic in the later years. Seeing as the recall is concerned with plastic tanks, there was more than likely a reason why they stated '93-'01 XJ's. ;)

FREE GAS TANK SKIDS FOR EVERYONE!!!

Exactly what I thought Jeep's corrective action would be if they needed to take one haha.

Identical...except for the whole completely different gas tank thing between those years, with the earlier tanks being made out of metal, then redesigning their structure and switching over to plastic in the later years. Seeing as the recall is concerned with plastic tanks, there was more than likely a reason why they stated '93-'01 XJ's. ;)

Exactly what I thought Jeep's corrective action would be if they needed to take one haha.

Are your eyes brown? Cuz you're full of... =)

93 XJ has a metal tank. Same as 92, and 94, 96.. just like the guy you were replying to said.

97+ they made changes.

I'll assume for moment that you understood what I said, and that you also understand that 96- XJs have a metal tank and 97+ a plastic.

I said nearly identical because the rest of the body is the same around it. While the tank is different the type of rear collision that can result in a ruptured rear metal tank can result in a ruptured rear plastic tank.

If the vehicle is being hit hard enough that UNIBODY is being pushed into the gas tank and ruptures it, just about the only thing that is going to survive a kinetic event like that is Adamantium.

Are your eyes brown? Cuz you're full of... =)

93 XJ has a metal tank. Same as 92, and 94, 96.. just like the guy you were replying to said.

97+ they made changes.

Thank you.

As a side note has anyone seen the metal gas tank skid that comes on all WJs? It's beefy.

Hmm, 100,000-250,000 miles per Jeep later, times 5 million jeeps, and 20 years later they want to finally say "OPPS" there may be a problem,

:bs:

LMFAO!!!!! What a JOKE! A sad one at that.

Lets see, that is less than one body per year, 15/20, for one of the highest production vehicles ever made....and we killed how many people on US roads this past week in everyday vehicle accidents?

They want to determine if there is a defect, LOL, they may discover the problem is 18 gallons of gasoline with a target sign painted on it!!!! LOL

It might be safer to move the gas tank under the passenger compartment, and add air bags to protect it. Then when it blows up, no one will survive!

:puke:

If they want safety, get rid of Gasoline.

That would be most cool. I'd take a new tank with a new fuel pump too while they're under there!

I feel like this happens every year, only with a different vehicle. Remember the crown vic hooplah from a couple years ago? Why is it just Jeep's now? How many other zillions of vehicles (trucks and SUV's especially) on the road all have the fuel tanks in virtually the same location?

You could move the tank to the front of the vehicle...only instead of your vehicle exploding from somebody hitting you, it would explode from you hitting somebody. Either way, the end result is the same.

After studying the videos, someone seriously screwed up.
They designed cars that would fit under the back of a Jeep. They should recall all those misdesigned cars and make everyone drive a Jeep.

I hope so!

Jackson_popcorn.gif

Back