• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

White Jeep Build

After wrenching for 10hours on Friday I finally got to test drive it about 1/4 mile
Did a 10.4:1 burn out

Packed my rig and hit the road

Made it to OTC late and received a 10 min penalty

Wheeled

And kicked ass with my team

Driving both to the event and home. No broken parts, no issues.

The Jeep flat worked all weekend long. I don't think many people could have pulled off what Nick did. With literally zero real test miles on the rig after a massive axle, suspension, and transfer case swap, he just conquered Oregon Trophy Challenge with zero failures. :cool:

I was having to work pretty hard just to keep up with his pace through the trails in the Trask. At one point I saw my speedo maintaining 22mph... on a trail. We won't talk about the gravel road sections. It wasn't an easy shake down run by any means!

Team69 :cheers:
20170603_170208.jpg

20170603_194614.jpg

Are you still going to run the rail shifter in it as well?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Definitely will be
It's going in next week

I was borderline miserable without it for the challenge
I must have kicked my self 10-20 times for not having it.

With the atlas the jeep just wants to shift to 4th as soon as it can.

well its been a while....

not a lot has changed with the jeep.

i got a set of 17" wheels for the jeep with a very large back spacing.

see fitment.

with KM2s and full width axles this leaves me with a front axle width of 79 1/8" bulge to bulge.

here is a photo with the new wheels and tires along with a hybird cage and cut-out sliders from Those Guys Rod and Customs

Dustin "Torx" loves that i no longer have a roof top light bar.

next was dealing with my floppy front suspension

Before while compressed.

After some 14" 2.5 king coil-overs with remote reservoir.

installed some bass because i enjoy having all the creature comforts such as full interior and AC.

while out on a trip i broke an RCV.

RCV was very quick to send replacement parts and fulfill the lifetime warranty.

hit a stump pretty hard at the 2021 Oregon Trophy Challenge, ripping out the upper leaf spring mount off the body.
along with this damage i had to replace all my bushing on the leafs, centering pins sheered off, 5/8 ubolts bent, cracked the weld on my axle tube to the housing (no broken welds on the truss).

got that fixed up with parts from Ironman 4X4.
with some modifying of parts to make them work for me.
please do not look at my welds to hard, my new house only has a carport and it was windy :wierd:
Extra holes are due to needing more space above due to having an M-wrap on mt leaf springs.
1/4" plate to attach the 3/16 frame stiffeners and sliders to the leaf hanger.

Random pictures of wheeling.

Got the lady to drive the jeep.

Last edited:
Took the jeep to KOH 2022, Dustin (Torx) invited me to join him in the 4506 car as a co-dog for the rocks.

we took his truck, camper, and trailer.

we took the jeeps out for some pre-running.

At this point Dustin was spotting Scott (NW-ZJ-Scott) and left me unsupervised.....

i currently have forgiven Dustin for this because he cralwed in to my jeep to hit the seatbelt button for me while i held myself up.

Direct Quote From Dustin " Don't fall on me"

i found a white hood, fender, and rear door to replace mine.

i need to get it on a frame bench to pull the C piller out about 3" to 4" to put the new door on.

Last edited:
First time looking over your build thread. Plan on stealing some ideas from you, like the pusher fans and power steering cooler. Did you ever decided to put an aftermarket trans cooler in? Love your build.

First time looking over your build thread. Plan on stealing some ideas from you, like the pusher fans and power steering cooler. Did you ever decided to put an aftermarket trans cooler in? Love your build.

First off... Thank you.

i did install an aftermarket trans cooler.

Hayden 1401 cooler

It's installed behind the front crossmember (where the factory one is)

I do not run my trans fluid in to the factory ports in the radiator, this is because when i had my black jeep the factory style radiator (maybe a year old) broke internally and mixed coolant and transmission fluid.

This made a mess, ended my wheeling on our big yearly trip, and killed the transmission.

See Torx report from 2015
https://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1121652

Finished. 😎
0c93ab6433e47d20386f773c3a79a0fd.jpg

i was out of the car to winch twice and a 3rd time to spot a new line during a traffic jam, we jumped ahead 3 rigs.

Dustin killed it and kept me in the car as much as he could :worship:

he kept a good pace and hit 98 MPH at one point.

Back