• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2013 Giveaway XJ Poll

What kind of vehicle would you prefer for the 2013 Giveaway in Moab

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cracker

NAXJA Forum User
Hello NAXJA...

The Giveaway Jeep commitee would like the membership's opinions and suggestions on the type of build they would like to see raffled off for the 30th Anniversary of the Cherokee. If your not familiar, NAXJA has done this twice prior, for the 20th and 25th anniversary and raffled the Jeep off at the annual event held in Moab, Utah. This vehicle is slated for the 2013 event.

Keep in mind the goal for this build and raffle is to entice ticket sales obviously, the more money we are able to raise the more NAXJA will be able to fund for our club and passions as a whole.

There are several ways we can go about this, while one style may not be your particular ideal Jeep it may be just that for someone else. Safety and street manners/legality would also be a high priority. Lets look at a few examples shall we.

Jeepspeed style. While we probably wont be able to build a serious competition vehicle something streetable resembling this style may be a possibility.

PICT0043.jpg

Rockcrawler style. Something that can tackle the rocks all day long and cruise the interstate to and from home. Armoured, locked, Loaded.
babyjeep.jpg

Heavy Duty Rockcrawler on 60s. A west coast approved big rig on big axles meant to tackle the advanced rock trails yet still capable to safely maintain highway speeds. Possibly built with late model front clip.
100_9602.jpg

Expedition style. A Jeep built that can comfortably run the interstate as well as moderate trails and be capable in the backcountry for an extended period.

4807519962_ab40b08b98_b.jpg

Street Jeep. A performance oriented build with power and handling.

P1210097.JPG

ANOTHER OPTION - A 'Cherokee Starter Kit' which would consist of a basic simple rig that someone could take from their as their own project to go the direction they want. He suggested a 4.5" lift on 33s and a D30 and D44 and with this set up the winner could choose to go Jeep Speed, expedition or Crawler.

DSC_02772.jpg

Please take a moment and review the few styles depicted here and vote for what you would like to own or see built, feel free to comment and give us your thoughts. Any of these rigs could be made as either an MJ or an XJ.

Last edited:
we really need to pick one option with all of those! :loveu:

I had to choose an expedition MJ. Would be cool to see where that could go.

Same here. MJ expedition style. I would envision a bed cage/headache rack with RTT, ARB fridge/freezer in the bed and other assorted such supplies. It would be sweet!

Expedition MJ would be pretty cool.

When i win this i'd like to store it at your place... kewl?

Unless we drop a 4bt in it for 25+ MPG..

We were thinking an Expedition style build might be popular.. and it looks like we were right.

You can store it at my place all you want. I'd take great care of it for you. :D

An MJ expedition rig would be cool but in order for it to be really cool it would need a complete new drivetrain.

The idea someone had of building a 60th anniversary XJ is cool for a number of reasons, one of the biggest is that it should be easier to find one with lower miles and a somewhat fresh drivetrain.

Another thing that pushed me in to the XJ category is that it would really suck for a guy to build a nicely built MJ if he has a couple of kids. It would make the rig pretty much unusable.

On a side note, sure glad to see the Expedition style rigs....MJ or XJ taking an early lead. Funny how times are changing.

Oh and that example of an expedition rig you used....who the hell would build one Yellow? :D

An MJ expedition rig would be cool but in order for it to be really cool it would need a complete new drivetrain.

The idea someone had of building a 60th anniversary XJ is cool for a number of reasons, one of the biggest is that it should be easier to find one with lower miles and a somewhat fresh drivetrain.

Another thing that pushed me in to the XJ category is that it would really suck for a guy to build a nicely built MJ if he has a couple of kids. It would make the rig pretty much unusable.

On a side note, sure glad to see the Expedition style rigs....MJ or XJ taking an early lead. Funny how times are changing.

Oh and that example of an expedition rig you used....who the hell would build one Yellow? :D

This needs to be considered. The idea of a late model low mile xj is the best oppertunity to not have problems like we have had in the past. Who and where is the rig going ot be built?

Expedition XJ.
Most versatile, family friendly, highway safe, dd possible.
Rock crawlers are cool, but if you live where you have no rocks.... well. SOL.
Jeepspeed is cool as well, but less opportunity to use it unless you live out west.
I would personally enjoy a street rig, but by far the majority of members use their rigs to off road with.

That was my idea and I'd start looking for them now. They built less than 6000 of them...about 2,500 in black and about 2,700 of them in silver.

I just like the idea of giving away a final model year XJ.

Last edited:
Back