• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2013 Giveaway XJ Poll

What kind of vehicle would you prefer for the 2013 Giveaway in Moab

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
build something less like every other rig on naxja or the road.

Like what? We have LSx swapped rigs, stockers, mild built DD's, buggies, truggies, I-beamed desert rigs, rally trucks, rallycross XJ's, full on JS rigs, Low COG, 9" of lift, lowered, stroked, leMons racers, i think we pretty much have everything thats been done to an XJ covered.

Josh from North Carolina won the XJ in '08, and he WAS present to claim his prize. I believe there was an entire thread about him getting it all the way back home.

Although you didn't have to be present to win, it would be kinda anti-climatic to announce someone's name who isn't there.

Josh from North Carolina won the XJ in '08, and he WAS present to claim his prize. I believe there was an entire thread about him getting it all the way back home.

Although you didn't have to be present to win, it would be kinda anti-climatic to announce someone's name who isn't there.

I thought his dad won it...??

Yeah, you're right. I just remember Josh posting about getting it home.

I've seen that XJ and it is awesome, just like Josh and his Dad.

I've seen that XJ and it is awesome, just like Josh and his Dad.

You forgot about Jennie........Oh yeah and Nate and the dogs! :D

Speaking of Nate, he gave me a good idea. Why not giveaway a bone stock XJ and some parts and let the winner build it up? Rent a small uhaul trailer for them to stuff the parts into and send them on their way. That way we don't have the liability of somethig possibly going wrong with the modified rig and getting sued. Just do some basic stuff to it i.e. tune up, trans cooler, hitch, stuff like that so it can make it to where it needs to go.

Last edited:
Expedition style totally, XJ or MJ. Front and rear winches would be cool, and with enough electrical capacity to run a small welder, maybe an air compressor and an air tank for lockers and pneumatic tools, and a built in tool box and compartmentalized storage. Then a hi-line style thing with as big of tires as you can fit using as little lift as possible. And a higher capacity gas tank would be cool too. Basically everything I want to do on my jeep.

You plan on breaking down a lot?

This poll is skewed. I don't know a single person who hates expedition-style XJs

The poll might-as-well look like this:
What would you rather drink:
- Beer
- Urine or
- Wood stain

Just whats popular right now, I dont think the results would have been similar when they did the last builds.

Secretly i was hoping for a twin turbo'd rice killer MJ. :eek:

Theres no way Id be able to go to MOAB to be present to win, and if thats the case, theres no way Im wasting my money to buy a ticket. I think a lot of people would feel the same way.... thats lots of lost revenue for this project. If you want the person to be there, pick the winner a month before MOAB to give that person a chance to make sure to be there for the ceremony.

In the past you did not need to be present to win in Moab when the ticket is drawn. That said, you will be responsible for getting it home if you do win.

We haven't talked about the logistics of must be or not be present to win, but I don't expect that to change, we'll sell more tickets if we don't require you to be there to win.

We also haven't decided who/where it will be built, we are just in the initial stages of the project.

mac 'still trying to decide my vote' gyvr

Theres no way Id be able to go to MOAB to be present to win, and if thats the case, theres no way Im wasting my money to buy a ticket. I think a lot of people would feel the same way.... thats lots of lost revenue for this project. If you want the person to be there, pick the winner a month before MOAB to give that person a chance to make sure to be there for the ceremony.

Like what? We have LSx swapped rigs, stockers, mild built DD's, buggies, truggies, I-beamed desert rigs, rally trucks, rallycross XJ's, full on JS rigs, Low COG, 9" of lift, lowered, stroked, leMons racers, i think we pretty much have everything thats been done to an XJ covered.

right. how many on here are v8 swapped? how many are racers? how many are jeepspeed?
now compare that to how many DD's there are. how many expedition rigs there are. and how many there are on 35 onbuilt stock axles....

the first group is dwarfed by the second. why gove away a jeep that looks like EVERY OTHER XJ ON THE ROAD/TRAIL....

give away something people are stoked about, that stands out, that is an eye catcher and grabs attention for naxja......

right. how many on here are v8 swapped? how many are racers? how many are jeepspeed?
now compare that to how many DD's there are. how many expedition rigs there are. and how many there are on 35 onbuilt stock axles....

the first group is dwarfed by the second. why gove away a jeep that looks like EVERY OTHER XJ ON THE ROAD/TRAIL....

give away something people are stoked about, that stands out, that is an eye catcher and grabs attention for naxja......

Shit, I'd be stoked about a stock XJ if i won it! Its a free Jeep. Ultimately its gonna be decided by the members what it is. I'm sure nobody would complain about a free jeep. :dunno: Plus i wouldn't find it very safe for a newb to win a tubed out XJ on 60's and 39.5's

So call a transport company to go get it for you. Honestly if I have a chance at winning a very nicely built jeep and my only concern if I win it is how to ship it from Utah to where ever...I think I could live with that.

So call a transport company to go get it for you. Honestly if I have a chance at winning a very nicely built jeep and my only concern if I win it is how to ship it from Utah to where ever...I think I could live with that.

Yep, $700 recently to ship a Jeep from SoCal to Philadelphia a few months back. You could still be well under a grand to fly in and drive it home too. Not a bad price for a nice rig.

Back