• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LaDee Flats/4610 9/11 Remembrance Run: September 11, 2011

We sat and waited for 30-45 mins, sent Ryan back to look for you. We where all over the CB. I said several times in the day " keep the guy behind you in your mirror" To be fair the guy that was in front of you has a Grand Krawler sticker on his window. And when you pulled over why was there not something said? " hey, I'm over heating. Pull over" something like that? Your welcome to come hang out next time, but a working CB will be a requirement! In every rig. As I recall you said something about yours is in but not hooked up?
im not bitching about ther person in front of me not looking back. was dusty as hell. yah mine wasnt fully hooked up. still have to run the coax i just bought the day before. im not bitching or pissed at any one. mike told me he tried you guys on the cb. idk why he didnt get through. nothing i could do about it. i was having fun ans wanted to finish the run but wasnt gonna push the jeep and end up stuck up there.

The only thing that rubed me the wrong way was "Nightfoam's" statment about if it was up to him we wouldnt be aloud on anyother runs. iv had my own club runs where half of the group took the wrong road and got split up and we tried for them on the cb's but no answer. and not once did i say non of the shouldnt be aloud on another run. things happen and i did what i could, i could understand being pissed if i just bailed out cause i didnt want to wheel any more but i was really having probs with the jeep overheating and losing some water. im not wanting to bicker about this. i DO understande what every one has said and im just stating my point, thats all.

d836a04b.jpg

Great trail report and pictures. I'd love to check this out sometime.

While reading the thread, I saw the argument over people leaving the group without telling anyone. I hate to join a group and immediately piss people off, but I think the criticism of those that "left" was misplaced.

As was pointed out, the golden rule in wheeling is to stick together. However, responsibility for this lies with the people in front, not those behind. The golden rule is accomplished by ALWAYS KEEPING THE VEHICLE BEHIND IN SIGHT!

There are myriad reasons why someone might fall behind or be unable to communicate. What if they had driven off a cliff? I doubt they would have had time to jump on the CB and let everyone know.

You never leave people behind; period. If you lose sight of the vehicle behind you stop and wait. Everyone in front follows suit and the chain stays together. If they don't appear shortly, get on the CB, let everyone know what's going on and come up with a plan.

Great trail report and pictures. I'd love to check this out sometime.

While reading the thread, I saw the argument over people leaving the group without telling anyone. I hate to join a group and immediately piss people off, but I think the criticism of those that "left" was misplaced.

As was pointed out, the golden rule in wheeling is to stick together. However, responsibility for this lies with the people in front, not those behind. The golden rule is accomplished by ALWAYS KEEPING THE VEHICLE BEHIND IN SIGHT!

There are myriad reasons why someone might fall behind or be unable to communicate. What if they had driven off a cliff? I doubt they would have had time to jump on the CB and let everyone know.

You never leave people behind; period. If you lose sight of the vehicle behind you stop and wait. Everyone in front follows suit and the chain stays together. If they don't appear shortly, get on the CB, let everyone know what's going on and come up with a plan.

First post and I like this guy already

Your ok in my book (well its more like a post-it, just a few on it)

It was so damn dusty you couldnt see anything. Wont have that prob again, Cb works great and a 160 degree thermostat that will keep that V8 cool in the summer.

I MISS SUMMER!

Back