NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Other Technical Forums > JeepSpeed, Prerunner and Competition Tech Forum
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

JeepSpeed, Prerunner and Competition Tech Forum For Discussion of Modications related to Prerunning, JeepSpeed, KOH, Rock Racing, and any other speed based competitions

Old December 6th, 2010, 16:08
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Introduce You and your Jeepspeed / Prerunner

Welcome to the forum GarciaXJ, i am from Holtville CA, next to yuma im there every other weekend.. i have a zj but if you need any suspension work i have a friend that does long arms,bumpers, light racks and all that good stuff.
Old December 27th, 2010, 23:05
NAXJA Forum User

Hey, my name's Joe, 19. In between Merced and Fresno in CA. This is my XJ, my very first vehicle. Please bare with me its still relatively stock an I have a very long way to go with it but I really want to make it into a beast with alot of muscle that can hold its own in the dunes and the streets, as well as blast through the dirt backroads! Started as a $500 "deal". Approx. $3500 later it looks like I'm gonna have myself a solid rig Just stuborn like that I guess. No flares, no rear sway bar (debating reinstall for better handling)...

Hacked the muffler off LOVED the sound! Thinkin about a quick on/off muffler to make it more pass.-friendly. Cut the fenders, Recently removed carpet (had a small pool in it...) Removable front doors now, rears someday....

Working on custom half/hybrid/wtf doors lol I have a rear hatch to use with these during summer months for an "open" feeling...and yes I'm going to do the squirt gun mod too. Tailgaters beware!!!

I'm currently wrapping up rebuilding the engine, quite an experience Hopefully start it tomorrow afternoon!

Long term goals: Prerunner suspension goodies, D44's (60's maybe? never know) Cage it, chop it, 5.0 stroker with turbocharger....NOW...In reality? lol well, I plan on getting as close to that as life allows me to. Anything to make it stronger, lighter, and more powerful!
Old December 28th, 2010, 20:30
NAXJA Forum User

Howdy guys,

My name is Josh. I live in Fairfield Pennsylvania. Not a lot of go fasties around here but i do make occasional runs to the pine barrens for some speed running. I am building for a hybrid go fast/ wheelin rig.

Specs as of right now.

RE3.5
Currie LCA's
RC UCA's
33" summit mud dawgs
Bilstein 7100's up front 10" short bodies. valved stewpid light.(for the rear of a tacoma)
trust.

In the works.

RC dropbrackets
clayton UCA's with width for RK build-a-ball
Outboarded rear shock with f250 mount and bracing ( have 7100 schrader valve)10"travel
currie anti rock
front winch tube prerunner bumper
Trussed, gusseted 30 with rk build-a-ball UCA joints
trussed and locked xj44
Tube rear bumper

Future.

revalve shocks to 360/80 front and 275/78 rear.
4.88 gears
33x10.50 km2's
performance adders

Enough with the talk... pics.

and my rear bumper in the works.

Old January 14th, 2011, 07:16
NAXJA Forum User

hi iam me this is my toy/dd in progress its got re 3.5 spring and tf spacers with pc 3000 shocks all 4 corners with tf shackles out back . inside has set of prp big boys and a trunk full of stuff to get me home . have an 8.25 out back and the crappy vacuum disco out front.

Old January 14th, 2011, 21:45
NAXJA Forum User

Greetings to all!! My name is Tony, I am am a 36 year old nuclear power worker that just moved to the Phoenix are from North Carolina. I had a 90 XJ back in the day, then built a few CJ/YJ/TJ for the slow mountain crawling of Washington state, upstate New York, and North Carolina. Now I am thinking the slow thing was fun but I want to try the fast thing since there is much more oppertunity for it here in Arizona. We unloaded all of our Jeeps and went the Mustang route for the last few years, but now it's time to go back home to the Jeep. I dont have any pics to throw up yet as I have not purchased my start yet, but am starting the planning stage with a built commencing here at the end of February (dont worry, I will start a build thread and keep you all posted on my slow as molaasses build).

Since I am starting from scratch and taking my first foray into foing faster than 5 mph, I will let you know what I am looking for and stay tuned for any helpfull info. So here are my current goals:

Cost effective (have to be able to build the wife's jeep alongside)
Daily driver (15 mile straight road or desert to the plant)
Able to do handle the speed (not talking race trim here)
Still able to bring my kids (driving or riding)
Able to do some trail riding (family loves wheeling, this will be the first tim we dont have 2 purpose built trail rigs)
Keep it ugly enough the wife wont steal it from me (I have had a couple Jeeps end up with plates that read "herjp")
Did I mention be able to run the desert at a decent pace (Sick dog's rig in his 2009 vids as inspiration)

I am sure I will have tons of questions and be on the lookout for input as this is my first time trying to go fast. I take it a 4-1 transfer case is not what I will be shopping for this time.

As I mentioned, I don't even have the start yet, so any recomendations as to where to start, year, trim etc. is much appreciated.

Thanks, and I look forward to the advise (and of course friendly bashing) from all.

Tony
Old July 6th, 2011, 19:39
NAXJA Forum User

im dave

88-4.0-aw4-231-hp30/44-custom 3 link and cage-34s-crappy bumpers and steering-almost no glass left

i live in reno so shes an all around rig.
Old July 11th, 2011, 16:05
NAXJA Forum User

i bought it like this

this is the new plastic gas tank

old one

both

Old July 13th, 2011, 11:07
NAXJA Forum User

XXX
Old August 5th, 2011, 10:03
NAXJA Forum User

greetings! i'm a 25-year old female named Doré (pronounced door-RAY),

and this is the love of my life, "CLIFFORD"

Clifford is the first and only vehicle i've ever owned, a dramatic 7-year-long love affair and due to life's little "surprises", financial setbacks, and being a female (lacking know-how, tools and/or strength to work on it myself) it's taken this long to only get this far (above photo was taken on Monday, right after i got the new bumper installed). with that said, this is what i've got so far:

4" Fabtech suspension lift (installed in 2004 and needs replacing badly... i've had my eye on the Full-Traction 6")
31" all-terrains wrapped around black steel Cragar RockCrawler wheels
Rusty's exhaust kit: CherryBomb Pro cat-back exhaust, 1" throttle body spacer and K&N 6x9 cone intake
SatoFab front bumper
and other little cosmetic whozits and whatsits.

as of now, i'm dead-set on racing in JeepSpeed within the next year or two. i've been following JeepSpeed since i first found out about it and this forum around 5 years ago. however, i recently lost my mechanic (aka broke up with the ex-boyfriend), and i'm looking for JS people to help me with advice, wrenching, social networking, etc. but i'm also trying to absorb as much as possible through the forums!

anywho, i plan on learning a lot from everyone here in the upcoming months, and hopefully meeting some of you in person, so i wanted to formally introduce myself.

Last edited by GODDESS; August 5th, 2011 at 10:09. Reason: also wanted to add: i bought it bone-stock!
Old August 5th, 2011, 10:56
Still Flailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODDESS View Post

Clifford is the first and only vehicle i've ever owned, a dramatic 7-year-long love affair and due to life's little "surprises", financial setbacks, and being a female (lacking know-how, tools and/or strength to work on it myself) it's taken this long to only get this far (above photo was taken on Monday, right after i got the new bumper installed). with that said, this is what i've got so far:

4" Fabtech suspension lift (installed in 2004 and needs replacing badly... i've had my eye on the Full-Traction 6")
Rusty's exhaust kit: CherryBomb Pro cat-back exhaust, 1" throttle body spacer and K&N 6x9 cone intake
SatoFab front bumper

as of now, i'm dead-set on racing in JeepSpeed within the next year or two. i've been following JeepSpeed since i first found out about it and this forum around 5 years ago. however, i recently lost my mechanic (aka broke up with the ex-boyfriend), and i'm looking for JS people to help me with advice, wrenching, social networking, etc. but i'm also trying to absorb as much as possible through the forums!

anywho, i plan on learning a lot from everyone here in the upcoming months, and hopefully meeting some of you in person, so i wanted to formally introduce myself.
Nice start! Welcome to !
Old August 6th, 2011, 10:51
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:

SatoFab front bumper

Welcome to the mayhem, if you are accepting bf applications let us know there are alot of people who are single and know how to work on jeeps here.. jk
Old August 6th, 2011, 12:26
ouch.

welcome to the forum. i had that same fabtech kit on my rig for years and did a hell of a lot with it.
Old August 7th, 2011, 19:55
NAXJA Forum User

thanks for the kind welcome, all. i spent probably 5 hours looking at threads and doing research this morning! you guys are so helpful.
haha, well if i am accepting any applications in the future i'll be sure to send a PM. the "ex" is also a member of , and the JeepSpeed section at that (building on a 3700 MJ). but i seriously doubt he'll ever be looking in this thread.
Old August 7th, 2011, 22:05
NAXJA Forum User

welcome goddess and clifford.
Old August 8th, 2011, 05:38
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:

SatoFab front bumper

Be sure to make it to the MORE Powder Puff race October 15th. There should be at least 2 all-girl Jeepspeed teams, maybe more. I know both groups and they are pretty approachable.