• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1997 CHEROKEE PRERUNNER/ROCKCRAWLER/DD "FOR SALE"

slcpunk74

NAXJA Forum User
I am currently waiting for the front fenders to get painted to match the body so the vehicle is up for sale this friday and thats when I will post pictures and my number. Feel free to pm with questions.

1997 Built Prerunner/Jeepspeed Cherokee
187k 4.0/auto
33x12.5x15 BFG all terrains(75%) on American Racing wheels
$4700obo

Front
Custom prerunner bumper with .25" attachment plates and two hella 35w Hids
H4 conversion headlights with 35w Hid bulbs
Hanneman fiberglass jeepspeed fenders
FOA 10" stroke resi racing shocks
4.5" Rubicon Express coils
Rubicon Express extreme track bar and mount
Rubicon Express adjustable upper control arms
Custom adjustable lower control arms
Rubicon Express control arm bracket system(fully tied into the unibody brace)
Full heim steering using Ruffstuff 3/4" cryo heims
Ballistic heavy duty over the axle track bar bracket
Prothane bumpstops
4.10 gears with 297 u-joints
Optima Red top
NEW ball joints(all)
NEW wheel bearings(both front)

REAR

Rubicon Express 4.5" leaf springs
Rubicon Express slip yoke eliminator
FOA 14" resi racing shocks
Ford 8.8 axle(stronger then a Dana 44) with 4.10 gears, limited slip, and disc brakes
Full Ruffstuff 8.8 swap kit
Prothane bumpstops
Custom long travel shock mounts
Custom prerunner bumper
NEW rebuilt limited slip with extra clutch frictions to hold tighter

INTERIOR

Corbeau baja ultra racing suspension seats
7" fold out dvd player
4 6.5" Alpine type s speakers
Kicker comp vr 10" subwoofer in custom stealth box

ENGINE/TRANS

4.0 I6 with Aw4 automatic and np242 full time/part time transfercase
heavy duty transmission cooler
Intake
Dynomax cat back with Flowmaster muffler and mahnaflow high flow cat
NEW rear main seal,oil pan gasket, and oil filter adapter seals
NEW aluminum radiator and thermostat(3 months ago)

HIGHLIGHTS

Many new parts
lower gears
good tires
very strong from front to back and designed to hold up
Great daily driver
NOT built by a hack

I have owned and loved this vehicle for around 4 years now and it is time to let her go. This is a jeep that can really do anything from rockcrawling to prerunning a desert race to something as simple as driving to work everyday. All the modifications have been well thought out with a lot of time involved to make it perform exactly as it should. With the 4.10 gears and 33" tires it will cruise down the road at any speed you like and get good gas mileage while having the piece of mind knowing that the Ford 8.8 axle will stop better and be much stronger then any axle that came in these vehicles. The lift is based on many race wining setups in the jeepspeed series and gives you ride comfort on and off the road with shocks that will let you go fast or slow. The height of the vehicle was determined with it's use in mind, keeping high clearance while maintaining drive ability and a low center of gravity. The front and rear bumpers are made very strong and would hold up to a beating while not being so heavy that they defeat the usability. Driving around can really be enjoyed with very comfortable seats, great headlights, a good stereo, and lots of power. I have over $9,000 in this vehicle not including any labor cost! This price is a steal so don't expect to lowball me. I can take some things off the vehicle to get the cost down if you like, but we would have to talk specifics.

I would really love to keep this thing, but our race team needs a truck to tow with more then a prerunner. I understand there are many jeeps for sale right now and I hope before you get sold on any of them you give me a call and we can discuss why none of them are better then this one for the money. Any questions and you can give me a call, I know that many of the things listed here may not be understandable to somebody that doesn't have years of Jeep/offroad experience so let me help you.

Last edited:
d7b7c3c1.jpg

123307d8.jpg

7e777f09.jpg

47c8e30a.jpg

57e8a2bb.jpg

4e15de7b.jpg

$4700 comes with all the extra parts I have (spare front axle with shafts, headlights, full size brand new spare , extra shock seal heads, and more stuff I will have to dig out.)
And for that price I will do up to $300 in fabrication work(rock sliders, bumper, etc) or shock tuning/ valving on the jeep.

Leave an msg or txt because I'm a busy person.
Chadwick
801six94five825

I had so many good times with this vehicle and I am very sad to say it is sold

Back