NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Events > Past NAXJA Events > PAST NAXJA EVENTS > SierraFest 2011
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

SierraFest 2011 Rubicon Trail Aug 8-11, 2011 and Deer Valley Aug 12-14, 2011

Old August 4th, 2011, 09:11
NAXJA Forum User

Sierra Fest - Hermit Valley via Strawberry Pass Late Thursday or early Friday?

100K XJ and I will be driving our rigs through Strawberry Pass on the way to Hermit Valley. We plan to hit the trail by 9:00 am Friday at the latest so we can get to camp early afternoon. The second option is to meet at Strawberry Thursday evening at 6:00 pm for arrival at camp by 10:00 pm.

Anybody else leaving for Hermit Valley late Thursday/early Friday who wants to get there via Strawberry Pass?
Old August 4th, 2011, 09:33
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Sierra Fest - Hermit Valley via Strawberry Pass Late Thursday or early Friday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknxj View Post
100K XJ and I will be driving our rigs through Strawberry Pass on the way to Hermit Valley. We plan to hit the trail by 9:00 am Friday at the latest so we can get to camp early afternoon. The second option is to meet at Strawberry Thursday evening at 6:00 pm for arrival at camp by 10:00 pm.

Anybody else leaving for Hermit Valley late Thursday/early Friday who wants to get there via Strawberry Pass?

I will be at camp thursday afternoon. I will want to set up my camp first so it is all set.
Old August 4th, 2011, 22:45
NAXJA Member #616

Re: Sierra Fest - Hermit Valley via Strawberry Pass Late Thursday or early Friday?

Just curious - after Strawberry, are you running DV trail to get to camp or taking the pavement?
Old August 5th, 2011, 12:55
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricsXJ View Post
Just curious - after Strawberry, are you running DV trail to get to camp or taking the pavement?
My plan was to take Strawberry Pass to Hwy 88, then to Hwy 89 and a fill-up at Markleeville, then on to Hwy 4 and Hermit Valley. Your idea is intriguing, however....
Old August 7th, 2011, 00:40
NAXJA Forum User

So what's the final plan on strawberry? I'm planning on doing the run.
Old August 7th, 2011, 22:00
NAXJA Forum User

The kid and I both have plans Thursday night so we are planning to be at the trailhead by 9 am Friday. That should put us at Hermit campground around 1 pm.
Old August 7th, 2011, 22:09
NAXJA Forum User

Cool. My dad will be with me. Looks like we're going to camp somewhere in the area Thursday night. We'll see you on Friday!
Old August 8th, 2011, 00:18
NAXJA Forum User

Are we still going to use cb ch 4?
Old August 8th, 2011, 00:25
NAXJA Forum User

I know that was the channel last year. Unless someone says otherwise, I'll use it.
Old August 8th, 2011, 11:48
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayman View Post
I know that was the channel last year. Unless someone says otherwise, I'll use it.

Ok that is what i will go with. I will have it on.
Old August 8th, 2011, 12:37
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
My plan was to take Strawberry Pass to Hwy 88, then to Hwy 89 and a fill-up at Markleeville, then on to Hwy 4 and Hermit Valley. Your idea is intriguing, however....
my buddy camped at blue lakes a couple weeks ago, he stopped by the ranger station first off 88 by forestdale road which is the one that travels south and connects to dv. He said the road on that end is closed due to snow drifts and probably won't be open all year according to the ranger. They basically closed it by putting a giant rock in the middle of the trail, so you may or may not be able to climb over it and get through, but even if you do you may get hassled by the ranger.
So, with that said you might wanna stick to your plans and take pavement to dv from strawberry.
Old August 8th, 2011, 13:09
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Cool. My dad will be with me. Looks like we're going to camp somewhere in the area Thursday night. We'll see you on Friday!
What happened to the blond chick from last year? I'll look for you at the Strawberry trailhead by 9:00 am Friday morning, blond chick or not. CB channel 4 sounds good.
Old August 8th, 2011, 21:53
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
What happened to the blond chick from last year? I'll look for you at the Strawberry trailhead by 9:00 am Friday morning, blond chick or not. CB channel 4 sounds good.

Haha you mean Kristi. She's always just been a good friend. She has a boyfriend this year.
Old August 9th, 2011, 23:02
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Haha you mean Kristi. She's always just been a good friend. She has a boyfriend this year.
Just curious. I wondered if you had her killed or something.
Old August 9th, 2011, 23:46
NAXJA Forum User

nope, but I almost killed us both on deer valley last year :P