• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Yukon Zip Locker

Matt98XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Have you guys seen the new Yukon Zip locker? It's an air operated locker just introduced onto the market by Yukon. Any feedback or opinions on this?

Nobody has seen or used these? They're great units. I personally tested one in my jeep for over a year with zero issues, and they can be purchased for about $75-100 cheaper than an ARB. D44, and D30 available right now, with many more applications on the way.

new Yukon Zip locker?...Any feedback or opinions on this?

I personally tested one in my jeep for over a year with zero issues,

This is very confusing. How are they new if you've personally tested them for over a year? And why are you asking for opinions and feed back on something you've been running for a year?

And no, I've never heard of one before now.

It's easy. They are new because they just hit the market. I've tested them for over a year because I work there. They have to be tested before released as you know. I asked for feedback because we have sold a lot of them already, and was curious if anyone on here has ran them and what they thought. Anyone have any feedback?

All Ive heard is that they are basically an exact copy of ARB's 1st gen locker.

Idk... Why go to something else when you know the original has been improved, tested, and trusted?

Does your Zip Locker offer anything else besides the minimal price cut?

Idk... Why go to something else when you know the original has been improved, tested, and trusted?

any links and i have never herd of them

No it isn't an exact copy. There have been some improvements of the internals, and they are assembiled here in Washington by our quality department, so we can make sure the tolerences are close to perfect. They have had well over a year of testing. Those cheap Chinese knock-off lockers you see on youtube, are nowhere near the quality of these units. These were well designed, and well tested.

Do you have any side by side pictures (Zip and ARB), or list of comparison items showing your improvements to the internals? Do you have a list of your maximum tolerances? Do you have any strength test data?

Do you have any side by side pictures (Zip and ARB), or list of comparison items showing your improvements to the internals? Do you have a list of your maximum tolerances? Do you have any strength test data?

Yes. We should have it up on the website soon. Waiting on our marketing department to release them.

Yes. We should have it up on the website soon. Waiting on our marketing department to release them.

Well no wonder no one has heard anything about them... Your marketing department hasent realease anything on them. :rolleyes:

I would suggest once you have hard data and can show proof of improvements or comparability to the reliability of the ARB, then come back and discuss it on here. Cause all we have now is hearsay...

We have to all of our big wholesale buyers. Just not on the site yet. Be patient young grasshopper. Rome wasn't built in a day. :D

Last edited:
well they look good just need to see a side by side to make up my mind. they are on eBay right now and a lot cheaper the the arb units.

One of the very important things ive learned in my short life:

You get what you pay for...

Exactly. ARB's mark up is outrageous. That's all you are seeing.
Coming from the guy trying to push his Zip Locker...

RingandPinion.com said:
YZLD44-4-30 $679.00
Yukon Zip Locker for Dana 44, 3.92 & up, 30 spline. The Yukon Zip Locker is an air operated locker that provides selectable traction for off road or street use. This unit features 4320 Chrome Moly internals for added strength. Assembled in the USA! Compressor sold separately. Relevant Tags: AIR LOCKER, ARB, YUKON, DIFFERENTIAL

ARBRD116 $730.54 [29 Lbs]
ARB Air Locker for Dana Spicer 44 with 30 spline axles. Fits 3.92 and up. The Air Locker uses an air line running off a small compressor (sold separately) to engage the locking mechanism to provide 100% power to both tires. ARB offers a one year warranty against manufacturing defects on this unit. Relevant Tags: AIR LOCKER, ARB, SELECTABLE LOCKER, LOCKER, DIFFERENTIAL, SPICER 44

Ill pay the $50.00 difference...

And why is it that R&P.com has a $50 markup on your Zip locker and they only have a $10 markup on the ARB unit? (Looking at wholesaler prices...)

Coming from the guy trying to push his Zip Locker...

Ill pay the $50.00 difference...

And why is it that R&P.com has a $50 markup on your Zip locker and they only have a $10 markup on the ARB unit? (Looking at wholesaler prices...)

I'm simply showing other available options that are just as good, but more affordable. That's fine if you want to spend $50 more for the name. Everyone will have their own preferences.

I'm simply showing other available options that are just as good, but more affordable. That's fine if you want to spend $50 more for the name. Everyone will have their own preferences.
Name, reputation, warranty, reliability, dependability,.... etc, etc.

Truthfully, your junk could be just as good or better, but like i said before without proof/pictures/data, all you have are words. Seems like your trying to box before you've even stepped into the ring. Give it some time, get your data in line, become a sponsor, do a couple give-aways on here, and we'll see just how good your product is. ;)

Last edited:
Back