• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Naxja Sierra chapter unofficial annual Reno May run

Alright lets plan on 5/16 - 5/19

Should I fly down and beg for rides (again), or should I drive my Jeep and wheel?

Eather way. It would be a blast to have you.

I know this is unofficial but what are rig requirements for this run. Or should I say recommendations. I'll be sitting at about 4.5" and 35s. Rear skid and bolt on sliders front and rear bumpers factory xcase skid.

Ima step up and make the trail req for it...

33's
At least one traction device
Armor
And the usually naxja trail stuff

To add to what Alan posted, I will say that anyone from NAXJA is welcome to come. We will be doing difficult trails, but there is no reason you can't come along and spectate, spot, or ride. Many of our trails loop around back to the beginning or we will have staging/meeting areas where some jeeps can be parked. If enough people show up with lesser built rigs (31's) we can possibly organize a trail run better suited for mildly built rigs.

and we can pile people in to our rigs and people can walk, so anyone is welcome!!!!

Im down. I will put in for time off now.

As far as hotels go , 2 or 3 years ago circus circus was like 30$ a night, now its much more expensive, like 85$ a night. Ive been searching Kayak.com and there are some cheaper hotels for sure. Maybe ill call around and see how many rooms we would need to get some kind of group discount?

I have a buddy up that way i may stay with, otherwise im campin somewhere.

If you guys choose to camp, the best spot is at Moon Rocks which is a great wheeling spot by itself but its also close to many of the other trails we will be running and reasonably close to town. People camp out there all the time. The only unknown is what the weather will bring. It could be 90*+ like last year or there have been times when it has snowed in May. Wind can be a factor out at Moon Rocks but there are some spots to camp that are a bit sheltered from the wind.

So what if my unicorn is open/open? Kidding, but are other rigs invited, or is this XJ only?

Are you going to run any of the NASTY trails and if so what trails?

Anyone can come Letterman. the last time I wheeled out there , I think there was a Blazer, some Yotas, TJ, WJ, YJ etc.

Anyone can go....

List some you want to do and I'm sure others will go for it. I'm game for something nasty, I'm not bringing my rig.

If you mean littered with garbage sorta nasty, Dolores usually is pretty NASTY. Although its the easiest trail out there, its fun.

Back