• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Naxja Sierra chapter unofficial annual Reno May run

I have no clue how to get there again, I don't even know how to find the trail, it was a Hills Angles run and was just tagging along. Mark (RenoLaw) was leading us around.

I have no idea where any of the trails are , we just follow allen and eric around .

this will be awesome if we actualyl get a big turnout this year. last year only 2 non reno folks(terrance and I ) showed up. the year before was Xjenson, mike and I. I think it would be sweet to get more rigs coming from sacramento area and the bay area.

this will be awesome if we actualyl get a big turnout this year. last year only 2 non reno folks(terrance and I ) showed up. the year before was Xjenson, mike and I. I think it would be sweet to get more rigs coming from sacramento area and the bay area.

Don't forget Billy (JeepFreak21) he showed up for Saturday's run last year.

If you guys want to do Bronco Canyon we surely can do that but as Alan said it will take a full day. Two years ago I opted to bypass the petroglyphs because we did the trail on the last day and you guys were driving straight home after running the trail. I didn't want it to hold you guys up from getting home at a decent hour.

Don't forget Billy (JeepFreak21) he showed up for Saturday's run last year.

If you guys want to do Bronco Canyon we surely can do that but as Alan said it will take a full day. Two years ago I opted to bypass the petroglyphs because we did the trail on the last day and you guys were driving straight home after running the trail. I didn't want it to hold you guys up from getting home at a decent hour.

thats right! Billy was there too! I totally spaced out on that one. good call. i was thinking of the Bud canyon run, I forgot about the dolores run . man that was fun.

we should consider doing bronco on a saturday or a friday, that way when we go back sunday we arent trying to drive all the way from Bronco.

like plan a bronco day run, and then for the same night do tonka or bud?

Ran Deloris today....
u8e9esev.jpg
yjaseqyn.jpg
aqysupa4.jpg
ejury7yt.jpg

I timed it and running the trail with no stops and taking my time I did it in 21 mins....

Billy's 2 door is my inspiration.. I got my T-case swapped out this weekend and couldnt figure out why the linkage wouldn't work. I must have been thinking of his linkage mod and flipped the little bracket that connects to the t-case upside down. Now i know why he did it. It just made sense to do away with all that other crap.

go terrance! I told ya once thing at a time!
next is the rear 44 swap. realistically , that will take a day or less now that you have the sye done. dont think too far ahead, just set the time aside, maybe 2 days for the rear end swap, for any complications.

Ya, it took way longer than I had hoped. My compressor took a crap and I didnt have an extra set of hands so it was slow going. Driveshafts and a test drive before moving on.

Nice rigs and thanks for the teaser pics!!

Got the T-Case swap done this weekend. Do I have enough DS length left to flex? I donated my RC shackles to the Giveaway jeep and installed some beefy ones but they are longer. I got the orange T-Case 2nd/3rd hand from Phil.

Tcase_zps661c4fe0.jpg

DS1_zpsd991c509.jpg

terrance when you install the 44 rear, is the pinion longer in that isuzu rear end? if so, it will probably be fine. No splines are showing which is good, but what you can do is flex it out and see where it puts you . either on some rocks by your house, or just pull tires and droop axle and see what happens. if its the same or shorter pinion then youll want to consider lengthening it down the road, but I would run flex it out first. I bet its ok.

Thanks Jon, my kids jeep is at 4.5 and it only sticks out about a inch farther than stock. I am not going to worry about it till I get the lift/axles under it.

The budget is shot to hell so why stop now!!:sad1:

Worst case, is down after wheeling it , and if you actually have issues with it, then have it lengthened at west sac driveline. it would be under a 100$. but i wouldnt worry about crossing that road until you get there.

Im down .. those are perfect dates I will have my last final by then. I hope to have to YJ done and tested in time :D

Back