• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Naxja Sierra chapter unofficial annual Reno May run

I want to do a Billy Bobs - Twister loop. Those are arguably more difficult than Dolores and the trash there really turns me off.

Bud Canyon, definitely.

Tonka??

Moon Rocks???

Bronco Canyon????

Steve's Loop (for an easy 31" tire trail) ???

There are plenty to do according to the desires and capability of the group.

Bud canyon night run for sure... Deloris,billy bob,tonka and gatekeeper... Bronco takes a whole day though... Steve's loop and moon rocks would be cool.... Depends how many people show up this year for what to run which days

terrance you better go

Hey Jon, I'm going even if i have to steal the kid's jeep for the weekend. Sad that my daughters jeep is setup better than mine. I have alot to do so I am starting on the t-case/sye this weekend then scheduling garage time for the axle swap.. It will be nice to wheel with that extra day too hit some more trails. I'm stoked!!

Hell ya it will. dont kid yourself though, thats not the kids jeep, its your spare. do what you need to with it. She can figure the rest out if need be for the weekend.

This sounds fun. I will definitely have my jeep wheelable by then but I'd have to build bumpers and sliders also. But I'm pretty sure that I could get everything done by may.

I want to do a Billy Bobs - Twister loop. Those are arguably more difficult than Dolores and the trash there really turns me off.

Bud Canyon, definitely.

Tonka??

Moon Rocks???

Bronco Canyon????

Steve's Loop (for an easy 31" tire trail) ???

There are plenty to do according to the desires and capability of the group.

Can you post pictures of the trails? Never seen any of these trails and am interested.

Thanks

Ok we'll ill start from easy to hard....

Tonka(easy)
It is 2-3 mile I would say with very little till the end...
ma2e8epy.jpg
7u7adaga.jpg

Deloris(still kinda easy)
This trail has 3-4 good parts

a9yqepy9.jpg
5avarajy.jpg
ga9eby2y.jpg
ydadehup.jpg
9ydagaha.jpg

Twister(so-so)
This trail has 2-3 parts and the last half is steep up hill with loose rock and dirt...
u9a2abyd.jpg
6ububy2u.jpg
syda6e4u.jpg

Billy bob(hardest trail that has been named in this tread)

Same as twister but more of it...

Moonrocks(easy to extreme)
Just YouTube moon rocks in Reno...
qe6ehuda.jpg
8ajaryga.jpg
ateta4uq.jpg

Bronco canyon(one of my favorite trail)

This trail will take a whole day to drive to and run... It is a fun trail though!
mu8aqu6y.jpg
vasequjy.jpg
7aqavysy.jpg
ve6y7a5y.jpg

An just for the hell of it.... See if anyone wants to helpe break this one in I found during the summer....
tuny9azu.jpg

I ran Bronco back in '03 or '04, from what I remember it was only about a mile of rock garden then we cut out when it got good and nasty.

37.jpg

After the trail we went to see a hill side of old petroglyphs, and a huge group of wild horses came past us on our way out, cool trip and I will never forget that day.

yah there are wild horses all around bronco. ive never seen the petroglyphs, but I want to next time I go out there.

Back