• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAC-Fest prep thread

i know its still a long shot but alot alot will be hapening in the next month with mine, either this weekend or early next week my jeep will be movin under its own power, after that me and nhrocker will be replacing the floors and biuldin bumpers, after that its DPG tailgunner leafs and re monotubes to finish the suspention, then its just brake lines and sye and it should be road worthy again

ROBZ95Xj said:
i know its still a long shot but alot alot will be hapening in the next month with mine, either this weekend or early next week my jeep will be movin under its own power, after that me and nhrocker will be replacing the floors and biuldin bumpers, after that its DPG tailgunner leafs and re monotubes to finish the suspention, then its just brake lines and sye and it should be road worthy again

Keep plugging away Rob, we may just see this jeep at Nac-Fest 2008 yet!!!!! I'm not willing to bet any money though....:D

Andy in Pa. said:
Keep plugging away Rob, we may just see this jeep at Nac-Fest 2008 yet!!!!! I'm not willing to bet any money though....:D
At the rate I'm going, it's more likely you'll see his there than mine...

So far I've cut off the entire exhaust (had to test out my new sawzall somehow) and I just pulled the battery to toss it on a charger to see if I can save it.

Hm, not a good sign when all I've done is taken it apart even more... :rolleyes:

nhrocker said:
At the rate I'm going, it's more likely you'll see his there than mine...

So far I've cut off the entire exhaust (had to test out my new sawzall somehow) and I just pulled the battery to toss it on a charger to see if I can save it.

Hm, not a good sign when all I've done is taken it apart even more... :rolleyes:

Thats not good!!! OK quit ripping it apart and start re-assembling now!!!

she's painted, there's two off the list
102_0657.jpg

Looks good Gabe!!!

I think all of my junk (both Jeeps) are ready to go. Got the Staun Beadlocks in the XJ a few weeks ago (forgot how hard it is to put tires on rims by hand...ugh..), and the MJ seems solid. A good once-over and I think I am all set!!!

A.

Andy in Pa. said:
Got the Staun Beadlocks in the XJ a few weeks ago
What, so no more fun re-seating a bead on the trail again? :laugh3:

I still haven't made any progress on my rig. Seems like nature is out to get me. Any free time I've had to work on it it ends up raining... Perfect example of why I need a garage.

knuckle_buster said:
Oooohhh!! Looks like Gabe has some new rock rails that need to be slightly scuffed during NAC-FEST! :scottm:

trust me, they aren't new and i have done a great job of scuffing them for him in years past :jester:

Jeep looks good, Gabe - can't wait to see it in person.

Did you ever get your winch fixed?

Rob Mayercik said:
Jeep looks good, Gabe - can't wait to see it in person.

Did you ever get your winch fixed?
Yep it was just a ground issue

knuckle_buster said:
Oooohhh!! Looks like Gabe has some new rock rails that need to be slightly scuffed during NAC-FEST! :scottm:
Like john said they're old btu what I need to do is shorten them so I can get bigger tires on.

lobsterdmb said:
trust me, they aren't new and i have done a great job of scuffing them for him in years past :jester:

I'm sure we can find a spot on them rails somewhere that is not scuffed, and help gabe scuff them!

Andy in Pa. said:
It looks like its finally all the same color John, looks good!! What are the ARM, Inside /Outside switches for?

A.

About damn time eh?!

It's an interior winch controler. Will sit where the cig lighter did.

Is it that time already??????? Guess I better get "Mr Dutch" out of the barn! :shocked:

Replace the exhaust system
Install the dropped pitman arm
Install the steering box brace
Install the sliders
I think that is all, but then...............:dunno:

CountryXJer said:
Is it that time already??????? Guess I better get "Mr Dutch" out of the barn! :shocked:

Replace the exhaust system
Install the dropped pitman arm
Install the steering box brace
Install the sliders
I think that is all, but then...............:dunno:

I'm probably behind on the news, but can I assume you got the clutch fixed?

Made some progress on my jeep this weekend:

New front and rear axles with 4.56 gears are in. Only one big SNAFU. My RE super flex lowers are stuck on the old front axle. The lower bolt seems to have rusted to the inside of the control arm and won't come out even with a BFH. I am going to just go ahead and cut them off, then work on on drilling the bolt out at my leisure. In the meantime i ordered up some replacement arms so that I can wheel at NACfest.

Still to do:
Hook up steering and do an alignment
Install front locker
Install rear locker and Chromolly shafts
Install 4 new shocks
Get a new battery for the jeep so it actually starts
Find my coolant leak and fix

I've got less than 4 weeks, I better get moving!

Back