• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAC-Fest prep thread

Exo'ing my way along...

DSC02783.JPG

Bed rails done...

DSC02762.JPG

1/4" plate structural tail light housings...

DSC02767.JPG

A bunch of bling. :D

DSC02771.JPG

wheres the updated pics vette??? lol

Well my list keeps getting shorter and shorter I'm starting to like this

I fixed my o2 sensor
Been getting rid of rattles slowly but surely but i get rid of 2 and a new one shows up.
I gotta get a rubber isolater for between the tcase skid and the tcase its driving me nuts
Fab up some kind of fender flares
Get inspection
find a way to get better gas mileage

Now for my new list which isn't even my truck but for my brother so he can go
Install new header
Install 97+ intake mani on 95 motor and all the likes that go along with that
install whole new exhaust
install tcase skid and gas tank skid
uhhh i think thats it

matt6669 said:
wheres the updated pics vette??? lol

I was out wheeling with Chris Demartini all weekend. Convince that candybutt to ride along at NAC-Fest. :D

Things are moving along...

DSC02805.JPG

DSC02811.JPG

Tie-ins through the roof...

DSC02801.JPG

vetteboy said:
I was out wheeling with Chris Demartini all weekend. Convince that candybutt to ride along at NAC-Fest. :D

ohhh god you poor soul you were subjected to the demartinawitz you poor thing i really feel sorry for you. froggy has a weird effect on people but that would be fun to get him to go to nacfest. I could probably convince him, plus that would make the camp fire that much more interested.

But the trucks looking good man i wish i was still on 37's and could run with you guys

matt6669 said:
ohhh god you poor soul you were subjected to the demartinawitz you poor thing i really feel sorry for you. froggy has a weird effect on people but that would be fun to get him to go to nacfest. I could probably convince him, plus that would make the camp fire that much more interested.

I've been wheelin with Chris for a few years now. I tried to flop him last weekend but he managed to drive out of it anyway...ask him about the exit line on O trail next time you see him. :D

After two weeks of workin on this thing every night I decided to take a break and chill for the weekend. Good times.

yeah froggy is we'll just say INTERESTING

But he did mention about almost flopping a couple times this past weekend. He goes I gotta lower my pos but I don't feel like cutting the frame
my response stop being lazy so needless to stay he'll be cutting the frame soon he said

But i will definitely try and talk him into it, i wouldn't mind finally see him wheel i've only seen his truck on a trailer :)

Yeah, he got some DOM and I think he's planning on cutting the front half of his frame so the axle doesn't stuff up into it.

Got a little more done...

DSC02815.JPG

Removing this by myself sucked ass, but hopefully I'll have help to put it back on (and maybe it'll still fit, too :D )

DSC02816.JPG

DSC02817.JPG

Sanded, primed...

n24800499_32099970_6060.jpg

OK Chris, your starting to enter into "jungle gym" status now:D

Looks great, you gonna squirt that pretty paint on there before you permanently attach it?

A.

The more I consider it, I think I'm gonna have to...at least the roof/gutter/a-pillar areas. I can spray the hood any time, and I'll do the new fenders once I get them cut properly for the tires and cage bars. I'll probably mix up the pint I've got and spray those areas and the new work in the rear in one shot.

Originally I didn't want to do that because I didn't want to mess the paint up trying to get the cage back on, but I'd rather touch up a few spots than deal with trying to mask/spray around the cage.

It's just gonna get beat up again anyway. :D But I'd like it to at least be "nice" once so I can take some pretty pictures.

just paint the cage on the jeep with the color of the jeep so it blends into the body

Too late for that. :D

DSC02832.JPG

The inside cage is the same silver, the pinstriping is silver, and the tailgate lettering is silver as well. Keepin the theme alive. I think my new RuffStuff Specialties rear diff cover will be silver too.

In other news...this little guy just moved in.

DSC02829.JPG

Does great for sucking the front end down. :D More on that later. Don't worry, it will be mounted better in the near future. This was just for geometric mockup.

My rear quarter sheetmetal hasn't been this straight in years. :D

DSC02834.JPG

DSC02835.JPG

and....the list.

DSC02836.JPG

Aiming for wheeling in 3 weeks for Big Dogs and driving in 2 weeks for the E-town swap meet. Gonna be busy. :)

I got out my spray gun yesterday and noticed that it's missing a piece...the little screw/knob that sets the needle depth to regulate the paint mixture. Gonna dig through the old guns here at work today to see if I can find something that will work.

I also went to get the documentation for the paint mixture ratios and noticed that they gave me basecoat instead of single stage. Great. I really didn't want to have to mess with shooting clearcoat and I can't return it because it was obviously a custom color.

Guess I gotta go price out clearcoat & reducer for the base vs. another pint of single-stage.

lets see, if i go these mods will be ready:

teralow 2low
powertrax locker for 8.8 with limited slip (#3128)
mile marker man hub converison
d30 alloy inners
new riddler covers front and back
new d rings in rear for recovery

leather interior outof a donated xj from out back and tinted glass

mabey new steering setup

Cipey

Oo, shiny. PPG Deltron DCC polyurethane, single stage, HVLP gun.

DSC02864.JPG

DSC02874.JPG

DSC02865.JPG

DSC02867.JPG

The tube on top of the rear quarters won't be staying this color...it'll be getting sprayed over with silver hammered like the rest of the cage. I plan on having to touch that up pretty often.

DSC02873.JPG

Not too bad for a first try. Tomorrow I'll throw the new letters on the tailgate, bolt the hardware back on and see how it lines up. Might put the exo back on too.

I finally got the proper grille for it (8 slot), and started putting the other crap back on it. Honestly with the silver roll cage and exo, I'm thinking about doing the clear outer lenses. :D

DSC02876.JPG

Oh yeah, did the letters too.

DSC02878.JPG

DSC02879.JPG

I think I'm going to tape off the tube, and straight across the top edge of the tailgate, and spray that all silver. So the tube line goes all the way across. I can't think of a better option for blending it all in and I think it'd look pretty good honestly.

I think I might not put the JEEP letters back on the front, omit the "cherokee" lettering, and do the clear lenses.

vetteboy said:
I think I'm going to tape off the tube, and straight across the top edge of the tailgate, and spray that all silver. So the tube line goes all the way across. I can't think of a better option for blending it all in and I think it'd look pretty good honestly.

I think I might not put the JEEP letters back on the front, omit the "cherokee" lettering, and do the clear lenses.
Personally I like the clean look, after I had some body work done years ago I never put the lettering or logos back on. Are the clear lenses going to be the little bit of "bling" you allow on your rig? :laugh3:

You give any thought to getting/making some form of tailgate protection? Like the lip protectors or interior tailgate panels that wrap up and over the top? That could protect that top edge a little more and give you something to paint silver to match.

Take the 89 Pioneer out of retirement...tune it.
Swap D30's w/ a donor xj.
Swap out D35 for 8.25.
Replace TRE's.
Install middle and overhead console/CB.
Add RE's 2.5 Full AAL/Zj coils/spacers.
New Shocks.
Tires.
Tow hooks.
Maybe buy a tent.

See ya there!

Last edited:
OverTheHillsATTW said:
Take the 89 Pioneer out of retirement...tune it.
Swap D30's w/ a donor xj.
Swap out D35 for 8.25.
Replace TRE's.
Install middle and overhead console/CB.
Add RE's 2.5 Full AAL/Zj coils/spacers.
New Shocks.
Tires.
Tow hooks.
Maybe buy a tent.

See ya there!

That's the spirit !!! :yelclap: We'll see ya there.

Well I’m one big step closer, for all those who recall I’ve been fighting with an un-locatable noise up front on the passengers side, it was the knuckle the lower caliper bolt to be specific. The hole was stripped out and the bolt would either back out and hit or once it got lose the whole caliper would rock back and forth. Well with the help of a friend of mine we replaced the knuckle and it seems to have fixed the problem. Now the bigger issue overheating. :repair:

Back