• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

looking to wheel sept 25th weekend? Deer Valley ?Rubicon? Fordyce? Barret Lake?

i don't get off of work until 5 either. are you driving up or trailering?? i'm gonna stick mine on a trailer just cuz.

i am in for sure.
see you guys in sacto.
i am down to meet you whereever?
need any spare parts for the trail?
i have a bunch if you feel like carring them?
axle shafts, driveshafts, t case, tranny, steering, alternator, starter, blah blah

i drive to the trails,
i dont trailer,

so, it looks as though i won't be heading up this weekend. i was gonna trailer my jeep up cuz i've got a feeling something is goin to let go, leaving me stranded. my jeep is still on 30/8.25 both open on 32's with stock gears. my trailer connection isn't available this weekend, so i gotta pass. i'll make it one of these days, just not this time

so, it looks as though i won't be heading up this weekend. i was gonna trailer my jeep up cuz i've got a feeling something is goin to let go, leaving me stranded. my jeep is still on 30/8.25 both open on 32's with stock gears. my trailer connection isn't available this weekend, so i gotta pass. i'll make it one of these days, just not this time

Not to be a dick but if you think the jeep is going to give out and leave you stranded why even trailer in the first place. I know it sucks breaking down on the road but its not fair to the group to break on the trail, especially if you know there is a problem.

Have fun guys.

Rich give me a call if you want me to meet you for that tail light, either on you way up or back down.

Last edited:
got some weird noise coming from the front end. only under heavy braking.
ill laugh if i already toasted my brand new calipers with too many deep water crossings the other weekend...
and im sorry josh but im still gonna wheel even if i think im gonna break my junk and it always feels like its gonna fall apart! lol although ive yet to have a serious breakdown in the past few years, just a lot of small things here and there.
and dont be worried about stock gears and 32s youll have a good time . why do you think itll break? locked?
fixed an exhaust leak tonight, tightened up PS hoses to cooler and return line, replaced fan clutch, did a bunch of stuff on the 4runner, and did a bunch of stuff on my brothers range rover.

Last edited:
i can get the lights from josh tonight maybe(if he wants to drop them off maybe)?
and josh im just giving you a hard time man!
hahahaha

i've done a ton of maintenance on the rig, and it does great out in hollister, but i've never been to the 'con before, so im not sure what to expect.

well why do you think it will for sure fall apart if it does good when you wheel it and have done good maintenence?
drive it up if you have at least one locker and some spares

so ed you have my number just call me when youre leaving san bruno to give me a heads up

Great pics Ed! Thank you. I wish I was there with you guys.:patriot:

that trip was fun Mr Ed!
thanks for letting me run it with you guys!
recap:
we hit the trail head at 10:30 friday night, i only had one headlight working and my roof lights werent working, but ed and rich both had lights on their winch bumpers and i was in the middle so i oculd see enough.

camped near little sluice around 230 am
wheeled to buck from there sat morning, got there around 2pm.
camped for the night with Ed and Richs friends: Dave, Gina and Mark and CJ , seth evan and more . Dave and Mark had two really nice lancruisers on 40's....

sunday wheeled past buck through Big sluice and Cadillac hill and on out.

(some bad breakage on the trail, a white jeep wrangler all built up like crazy had a bad break(axle shaft, knuckle, coil overs, etc etc)
and there was the yellow jeepster towing the red one since the red blew up his 241 on his 241/208 setup around them while we waited for them to get through....

the only trail damage in our group was my rear window popped out
rich's driver side doors made good friends with a rock,
and Ed ripped a sidewall on his brand new km2 up front.

IF ANYONE HAS A HOOKUP FOR A 33/12.5/15 KM2 FOR ED LET HIM KNOW

by the way a xj on 33s went through little sluice. welded rear and aussie front. i think he is on here. he stopped by our camp on the way out there and back to show us the vids, it was sick

we actually had one of the rubicon guys on the walkie talkie(john pardie) call in a hi from ed for ya, did you get that

hey man it was nice to meet ya!!!

1tq9dv.jpg

2ymwy74.jpg

Back