• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

My buddy had a kid with his g/f last year. They are unmarried, she doesn't work, and it was her third kid. She lives in his house and she drives his car. He works 50+ hours a week, has insurance. The kid did not cost them a dime.

I married my g/f, now my wife. We did not have a kid until after we were married. I'm already getting bills rolling in for over hundreds of bucks. It looks like its going to be over 4 or 5k with insurance by the time its all said and done.

Why are we punished for being responsible.

mac 'I need cash for the baby jeep' gyvr

you know I agree with you 100 percent, and you also know that this pisses me off to no extent.

I will say nothing else :banghead:

:

I agree. I had a kid out of wedlock. Didn't pay a dime. Call me a sucker, but I got what I put in back. Government is Fawked!

K 'drunk' man

I agree. I had a kid out of wedlock. Didn't pay a dime. Call me a sucker, but I got what I put in back. Government is Fawked!

K 'drunk' man

When does everyone else get what they put in back?

I don't agree with Dan. There aren't people who need the system, they're the same as the people who abuse the system.

I made a choice to provide for myself and my family. I don't pay taxes so that other people don't have to make that choice.

When does everyone else get what they put in back?

I don't agree with Dan. There aren't people who need the system, they're the same as the people who abuse the system.

I made a choice to provide for myself and my family. I don't pay taxes so that other people don't have to make that choice.

That's the fawked thing, I didn't ask for it! I would have paid it someway somehow. But I had nothing to do with it because she was "single". Hate on me if you want. I dont ask for anything and can and will work my way through anything. Just simply stating what happened in my case. Next kid is coming after we get married in august. And we WILL pay. And that's fine with me. The whole system is dumb.

On another note, Congrats to our president Dan on the fourwheeler spread! And I believe macgyver and maybe some others?

NA 1/2 a XJA

My buddy had a kid with his g/f last year. They are unmarried, she doesn't work, and it was her third kid. She lives in his house and she drives his car. He works 50+ hours a week, has insurance. The kid did not cost them a dime.

I married my g/f, now my wife. We did not have a kid until after we were married. I'm already getting bills rolling in for over hundreds of bucks. It looks like its going to be over 4 or 5k with insurance by the time its all said and done.

Why are we punished for being responsible.

mac 'I need cash for the baby jeep' gyvr

I think it just boils down to insurance. It did cost your buddy. I did the same as you Mac....got married.....then kids. I have a decent job with good insurance. My wife works but she is on my insurance and has none through her employer. We had zero out of pocket on both kids. I got one bill from the hospital. It was for $6.95 for a lunch that the nurse brought for me.

It sounds like your insurance might not be the greatest. His may cover her since he "did the deed"? Not real sure there.
Just wait for ObamaCare to go full swing.......it'll solve all of the worlds problems. :D

Last edited:
Josh, to a point I agree w you. I believe that "welfare", like the unions, were great systems when originally put into motion, but the problem with both of those systems now is that there are far too many abusers. there are however some legitimate cases.

Both of my daughters are in college full time and working nearly full time, both have "bridge cards" (food stamps) and need them because they can't work anymore hours for the resources to survive. I have no problem with my tax dollars going towards support of this nature. My youngest daughter is pregnant and the govt is not paying one penny for this child.

The Marines are hiring. Good medical benefits.

I'm too old. They wouldn't take me.

I'm too old and too fat...

our insurance is $500 deductible with 80/20 after there...but we both have the deductible and I pay out of my check for my insurance as well. She has insurance through her work, but she's on mine.

Its simply screwed up.

mac 'definatley isn't free for doing the right thing' gyvr

562285_3659956658675_1267414217_3491120_618253377_n.jpg

564761_3659953578598_1267414217_3491117_1156977105_n.jpg

mac 'at the local Jeep dealer' gyvr

On another note, Congrats to our president Dan on the fourwheeler spread! And I believe macgyver and maybe some others?

In order of appearance.
Dan Wheeler
Macgyvr (Rowland)
Me (Hollingsworth)
SeanR (Raferty)

I also got a pic into the 101 cheap and easy tricks section.

Last edited by a moderator:
My youngest daughter is pregnant and the govt is not paying one penny for this child.

I still find that pretty crazy! She can get the bridge card but they won't help with child birth?

I had a bridge card when i was in college to. School from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. M-F work 4:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. M-F and work 10 hours on Sundays. Don't miss that crap at all.

the whole gov. help thing is a touchy subject. my mother inlaw and one sister inlaw abuse the fawk out of it, then when my wife was preg with boy #2 and i wasn't making enough money we tried to get food stamps and i made 6 dollars too much and they denied me.

as far a the birth... i payed one 20 dollar copay and my insurance covered everything after that. i do pay out the ass weekly....88 bucks for the family, to me its worth it. my diabetes supply's would be well over 300 bucks a month

The wifey has decent insurance but to add extra people on it is outrageous and the coverage is not too great, so when we decided to have a kid, I opted to put Camille on my plan and have it as a family plan and when Case came along he would be covered too. Since my wife is a teacher, her insurance is part of the salary package and it can not be turned back into cash, it is take it or leave it. So when time came for the shaboinking w/ results (baby making) we were insured with hers as primary on her w/ mine as secondary on her. As some know it was a bad experience and she had to have 2 emergency surgerys and it was a week long stay in the hospital. When the bills came I was ready to freak out, it was rumored to be close to $850K with the surgerys etc on it....I about shit my pants, OK, who am I foolin', I did shit my pants, when I opened the bill...it said "FINAL BILL $146.00"

I paid that thing and never received another bill. I even called to verify, and they said it was correct. I guess what I am getting at is somewhat in the way that Josh (RedHeep) was saying, I made an obligation to provide for my family and I pay out the ass for insurance, but it is simply an investment in my family. Sure I sacrifice not having a lot of fancy new stuff (other then the Ranger :D) but I guess my payments that could be going to nice new items is spent on insurance. My accountant actually told me at one time that a person can be over insured, and I was one of those people. I can guarn-damn-tee that I have not paid $850K in insurance cost...and probably wont in my life time. One time is all it takes....

Cheese "just my opinion...with some facts mixed in" Man

That JK8 with a 5spd and a 4.0l would be killer.... oh, and a different paint job, I don't care for the Great Pumpkin.

Back