• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Looks good vt!

You use the 1"piece under the door? Angle iron?

I got the angle and 2x6the but think I'm gonna skip the 1"

Yes
-1" under the door, spot welded every 4" equal with the stock metal and a full bead full length that connects the stock metal, 1" and the 2x6
-Angle iron on the lower inside edge spot welded every 6" and then 1" stitch welds to the floor pan. Welded to the 2x6 full length.
-Instead of doing supports to the inner channel/"frame rail" I did supports on both ends, in the A pillar and the C pillar/dog legs. As you cannot slide along a rock with those supports going to the inner channel. I didn't get any pics of this step.

You are going to want the 1" under the door because you cannot get good penetration into the 2x6 without it. 18 guage sheet metal into 3/16 or 1/4 doesn't work well.

holy crap...women are driving me nuts.

i am stuck with 2 female sound engineers for the show that i am working on now. one of them has been there for a while and is leaving and the other one is coming in to replace her. for theater shows, i typically tune the system, balance the show volumes and make it sound pretty and then the engineer runs the board for the show. The old engineer has always been a PITA to deal with...HOWEVER, now they are in an ego battle. the old engineer is trying to passive aggressively beat the new engineer into submission by being a raging *#$&%...and tonight ended with one of them being pissed and the other one crying. gah...my job is difficult enough without having to play therapist.

i don't get paid enough to put up with estrogen...

Yes
-1" under the door, spot welded every 4" equal with the stock metal and a full bead full length that connects the stock metal, 1" and the 2x6
-Angle iron on the lower inside edge spot welded every 6" and then 1" stitch welds to the floor pan. Welded to the 2x6 full length.
-Instead of doing supports to the inner channel/"frame rail" I did supports on both ends, in the A pillar and the C pillar/dog legs. As you cannot slide along a rock with those supports going to the inner channel. I didn't get any pics of this step.

You are going to want the 1" under the door because you cannot get good penetration into the 2x6 without it. 18 guage sheet metal into 3/16 or 1/4 doesn't work well.

how thick of 1" did you go with?

Started working at my current job this day in 2001 (full time since 04 I think).

Come to think of it..... I've been here longer than any other job, and it's still less than 6 years, started August, 2006.

Come to think of it..... I've been here longer than any other job, and it's still less than 6 years, started August, 2006.

Same here... last August when I hit my 5 year mark I just kind of had to hang my head and grumble "fine, it's a career now." Not that I have a lot of complaints about the job, it's just amazing how fast 5 years fly by.

Same here... last August when I hit my 5 year mark I just kind of had to hang my head and grumble "fine, it's a career now." Not that I have a lot of complaints about the job, it's just amazing how fast 5 years fly by.

I can always tell the new people at work. There is one that posted on facebook ," I love my job" stuff. I think, yeah, tell me that in a few years. There is really a lot of BS and politics that happen behind the scenes of a tv station. Still enjoy it, but not nearly as much as I used to.

Here is what I would do in that situation. Just look up at them for a moment, say, "Don't you two have dishes to do or something?", and look back down at your task.

the phrase "does wayne brady gotta choke a bitch?" has popped into my head a few times

Are they hot?

they certainly aren't un attractive, but its hard to see anything attractive when one is acting like a hobag and the other is :bawl:

s there Jello involved..or at least close by?

dammit...i knew i forgot to pack something. guess ill have to make a run to the nearest wal mart for a kidde pool and 200 boxes of red jello

Or by making all the dudes stiff? :shocked:

I've been here 5 years now as well, 6 months as a temporary and 5 months at home on my ass....which sucked ass! October will be my 5 year mark as a Cummins employee. Time has flown by!

I actually applied for a different position at work and didn't get it. At first I was about ready to up and quit, but then I remembered everything happens for a reason. I wasn't exactly thrilled with the new shift I would have been working. It would have been 2-3 days during the week and working nights on weekends. I have had weekends off for over five years and don't exactly want to lose that.

If I am still doing the same job in 2014 or 2015, I am going to re evaluate how I feel about work (and personal life) and possibly might start looking out of state for a new job (Nashville, TN or North Carolina are the two leading places right now) in television. Come July/August, we get our new building and new equipment so who knows I might want to stick around for a while longer.

Also in 2014 or 2015 (when I hit 10 years full time) I get my fourth week of vacation. The longest employee at my work was there for 50 1/2 years. He retired so I could have a job still.

Back