• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gold Lake - July 20-22

Leaving Galt around 9:30, driving thur Sac about 10.

I've never been to Gold Lake before, is there any particular place we are trying to camp? Group, or area?

if youve never been dave there is a specific place, mike and i found it late last year. gold lake trail or road or something, i think josh has directions to the camp site on his web site. its the start of the 4x4 trail out there, youll go down it a bit, then see everyone on the trail, we wont be on any of the paved sites.

From Sacramento Interstate 80 Via Hwy 89 (146 Miles)
- Head East on I80 from I5 (100 Miles)
- Exit 188b Hwy 89 North (23.5 Miles)
- Turn Left in Sierraville onto Hwy 49/89 (17.8 Miles)
- Turn Right onto Gold Lake Hwy (6.3 Miles)
- Left at the Forest Service sign for the boat ramp

Got it from here: http://4x4trailmaps.com/4x4Trails.php?Trail_ID=47

dave this is where we are camped

Sorry we had to punch out after just getting there. We had a good time, sorry we couldn't stay longer. We made it home safe around 1:30 in the morning, haha.

Thanks again for the invite, hope your guys day of wheeling is going well.

Leaving Galt around 9:30, driving thur Sac about 10.

I've never been to Gold Lake before, is there any particular place we are trying to camp? Group, or area?

Did you and Mark ever make it up there? I feel so bad I couldn't find you guys.

The 4x4 camp at Gold Lake was full, this was the camp I planed to use and originally posted up about. We ended up staying at Little Deer Lake, no way to miss us there if you were able to find it.

I drove out Friday to for cell reception so I could post where we were and call everyone I had numbers for. It looks like I was too late getting the message out before you left.

I made 3 or 4 trips out to the boat ramp area, and through the 4x4 camp looking for people but never found anyone.

I an truly sorry for those who were not able to meet up with us and I hope it did not ruin anybodies weekend. I was looking forward to seeing you and Mark again too, it's been a long time...

Josh

this trip was really fun. i had a great time up there. it was awesome going up snake lake hill . Im going to stay away from lakes for now on...

Glad you guys made it home & safe, So now where are all the pic's??

this trip was really fun. i had a great time up there. it was awesome going up snake lake hill . Im going to stay away from lakes for now on...

I think there's a story here...
smilie-popcorn.gif

DAM! We drove by Little Deer lake and cursed the SOB who had that site! It was you, hahaha! No one was there and we just kept going, and going, and going, and going.... Summit Lake - full, full full full. We finally came upon some ranchers and asked them if they had seen any Cherokees, they said no. So we camped somewhere out in the middle of somewhere near where four creeks come together. I'm still not sure where!

We stayed in camp Saturday (to be honest we didn't feel ok about leaving our gear all day unattended and frankly we weren't real sure if we could've found our way back seeing as how we weren't real sure where we were).

We left Sunday am and finally found our way out to Downieville via USFS Rd 93.

Oh no. You must have gone through while i was going through gold valley to make some calls and explore. I left at 10am and got back around 5 after meeting up with my wife and steves crew.

It is a great spot. I need to get a sign or something. Or write something down on a plate next time. Sorry i blew it there.

Ah, don't worry about it! I should have had a map too, so the boneheadness isn't confined to just you, lol. IF I had a map I would've known where the heck I was, I should've turned up the other leg of the loop instead of the Little Deer loop and you guys would've driven right by the next day. Oh well. We turned around at Little Deer and went out the other way.

As it turns out I was able to do something that is very rare these days, I spent time with my teenage Daughter, the entire day! Her phone didn't work out there and there were no boys around, so we spent the entire day together sitting around talking. You can't buy that kind of time!

i owe jimmy the dog a big steak!!!

Back