• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gold Lake - July 20-22

I am planning on coming with my wife and a couple of extended family members. I will be the only one off-roading, the rest will just be hanging out and camping.

Our plan is to head up Friday mid-day and staying through Sunday.

Sounds like you have the right idea!

My wife and I are bringing the kids, 3 and 1 years, as well as some non wheeling friends to just hang out and comp at the lake. I plan to have a nice calm weekend, relaxing, swimming and a little wheeling.

Hmmmm... maybe my family and I will try to make it then. Sounds like fun!
Billy

I'm going up Friday and staying until Sunday. My daughter is bringing her stock TJ (w/ 31's and armor) and a friend is coming and bringing his lifted/modified TJ.

We'd be glad to meet up with people and caravan up there Friday.

Looking forward to it!

fawk, my lady is making noises about too much wrench time and too many wheeling trips planned and wants to go see pepper/sublime in berkeley on the 22nd. I might be able to make both happen.

pepper and sublime?
that would be fun...

I'll start a thread tonight about Snake Lake Trail, the main run on this trip.

I will get out to a few more trails this weekend just not sure what.

snake lake was super tough last august. almost rolled my junk on it. Can't wait to re-conquer it. Did it on the bikes and damn that hill was loose. The trail system out there seems endless and super fun. There was still snow in august but last year was crazy wet, yet there was zero closures out there. I think plumas county is the most offroad friendly county in these parts if not all of cali.

Last edited:
snake lake was super tough last august. almost rolled my junk on it. Can't wait to re-conquer it. Did it on the bikes and damn that hill was loose. The trail system out there seems endless and super fun. There was still snow in august but last year was crazy wet, yet there was zero closures out there. I think plumas county is the most offroad friendly county in these parts if not all of cali.

We'll be going down the hill to have lunch by snake lake and watch those that want to try to climb the hill. So no worries for those who dont want to try it.

I'd be interested in coming to this assuming everything is running. Might ride-along for the trails though, if there is a seat open. But from the sounds of it it seems like there is going to be a big group with some people hanging our and other wheeling?

Hey all - my family is planning on spending that week up there. I'm not sure if we're coming up Saturday, or Sunday but we would love to meet up with you all, at least at camp. We'll be bring our boat and motorcycles.

I've never ridden up there, so if anyone has some suggestions for trails (and for the least cliff-hanger trails in the dv system) that would be awesome. I have no desire to crap my pants looking down a 200' cliff on a 6" wide trail!

This place is hard to beat!
IMG_0709.JPG

Last edited:
so great...

Just don't go up anything you don't wanna come back down. we rode all the way to poker flat from gold lake camp ground last time we were up there, a 4 wheeler was able to follow us up 90% of the stuff. Such great riding, such great wheeling. Place is IT for me.

Not sure if i can make this one. I have to take my disabled father into a potentially fatal surgury next week and he'll need my help.

I might need to ride with someone friday after work, anyone heading up friday afternoon ro evening and coming back sunday? my junk might have another cracked frame rail at the steering box, I'm not sure yet. need to disect it.

I might need to ride with someone friday after work, anyone heading up friday afternoon ro evening and coming back sunday? my junk might have another cracked frame rail at the steering box, I'm not sure yet. need to disect it.

Gina is driving up in my truck friday afrernoon.

If that dose not work park the honda at the boat ramp parking lot and give me a call.

dude ill do that. good call. or maybe ill have the willis running by then.

tightening up the steering box bolts (all 4 of them ) seemed to help a bit, but no fully. both uppers were loose at the axle side, that helped a little too. i need to test drive it and see whats up.

Back