• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gold Lake - July 20-22

dude if your wife drives that means i get to relax in that luxorius ford and drink beer and have good times? hmm..maybe she can tow the willis ?

I'm thinking about welding the winch bumper to the outside frame rails, and weld up the inner steering box brace as well, that might do it right there.

Well, it looks like we are confirmed. Myself, the Wife, and 2 additional family members (all women folk besides me) will be heading up Friday.

We are looking at leaving around Noon on Friday from Sacramento, and will be heading up with my rig plus the big Truck (Nissan Titan) to carry all the gear. Assuming my rig doesn't overheat up the hill (never happened so far), we should be there no later than 3 or 3:30.

Anyone else planning on heading up from Sac at that time, and wants to caravan, let me know.

got the willys running today after a ton of work, might end up taking that.
also, the creaking aroun d the steering box on the Xj seemed to pretty much dissapear after cranking the box bolts down tight. not sure though cuz the nosie was mostly during wheeling.

any body got directions?

If my dad is physically sound and I can't find a tow truck to pick up a new crawler I'm trying to get into I'll head up at least with my buddy Caleb an our dirtbikes. If he can't make it I'll head up with the Xj and dirtbike. Who's all bringing bikes?

not me. good call.

got the willys running today after a ton of work, might end up taking that.
also, the creaking aroun d the steering box on the Xj seemed to pretty much disappear after cranking the box bolts down tight. not sure though cuz the noise was mostly during wheeling.

any body got directions?

A route that is about 120 miles from Sactown but a little windier and very beautiful.

Hwy 80 east toward Reno> Hwy 49 toward Grass Valley/Nevada City> stay on Hwy 49 until Barret's Station then turn left to Gold Lake. You can get gas at Downieville and or Barret's Station.

I so wish it was a different weekend !!!1 so I could be there as it is in my backyard so to speak.

Link for campfire / stove / lantern permit , If it uses a flame you need one of these. just print it out, sign it and throw it in your glove boxhttp://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sequoia/passespermits/campfire_permit/calcampfirepermit2012.pdf

As a note: I stopped at a Ranger Station with a friend to get a fire permit, with one of these in hand. I was told in no uncertain terms that these permits signed by Brent Skaggs, printed online are NOT valid and will not be honored by forest rangers.

Just an FYI!

so who all is actually going?

anyone bringing a chainsaw?
i only have a axe...

I'll be heading up with two TJ's Friday am.

Anyone want to caravan from Sac?
\

we are leaving friday in the afternoon, after work.

really ? are you kidding? i thought it was only to take wood home you needed a separate permit. ill just gather wood and not cut it then...

We're heading up Friday from Sacramento. Our planned departure time is around noon.

Anyone interested in Caravaning up, let me know. We are located in Antelope, so we're on the way out of town.

You have to be willing to hang with an underpowered 4-Cylinder though =).

Back