• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Classic rock song stuck in my head (no vocal..instrumental/harmonica only)

johnlv6

NAXJA Forum User
I have no idea who it's by. The song plays on classic rock stations. There are no vocals...just harmonica/instrumental. I would describe it as very long...it seems to keep going like the energizer bunny. Anyone have a guess what it might be? Thanks.

I really have no idea..i'm not trying to be a PITA by providing as little detail as possible.

Hmmm...I was thinking Jessica by the Allman Brothers. It's 7 minutes long. But harmonica??

johnlv6 said:
I have no idea who it's by. The song plays on classic rock stations. There are no vocals...just harmonica/instrumental. I would describe it as very long...it seems to keep going like the energizer bunny. Anyone have a guess what it might be? Thanks.

I really have no idea..i'm not trying to be a PITA by providing as little detail as possible.
Sounds almost like Jethro Tull, only he's flute not harmonica.

Jessica by the Allman Brothers does not have a harmonica in it ... it's a guitar/piano instrumental. The Allman Brothers did not use harmonica very much.

Les

There's a bass guitar in the background with a steady BumBum Bum (single notes...first two closer together, the third has a longer duration).

Or if you're near a computer go online and look at their website. Just about every radio station has a list on their homepage that shows the last 10 or so songs played.

Im hooked on Dio singing Neon Knights right now.

johnlv6 said:

Piano Man by Billy Joel? Intro is piano and harmonica...

Rob Mayercik said:
Piano Man by Billy Joel? Intro is piano and harmonica...

Nope..i've got that one.

mrrbby said:
E.L.O. has a long instrumental. The classic rock station here plays it twice a day. Can't think of the title though.

I'm looking that one up. I'm driving up to Virginia in an hour or so...just looking for some new tunes. Thanks.

What kind of music is it besides "Classic Rock". That is a generic term.

Huey Lewis and the News uses a harmonica alot ... could it be that band?

Les

Why do I keep thinking of War everytime I'm in this thread? Other than the fact that I just did sound for Lee Oscar that is. I can't picture what they did that's totally instrumental though.

Back