• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

44s & a 3 link

for my 1.75x.250 wall dom I paid 15$/ft locally.. stuffs not cheap!

Okay, a little problem here.

TRE fits like this, (UTK garbage)

IMG_20110630_162127.jpg

But i want it for fit like this:

IMG_20110630_162139.jpg

I have this:

IMG_20110630_173730.jpg

Now, i know if i ream it for OTK like i want to, its not going to work.

If i drill the knuckle completely out, could i use something like the goferit tie rod insert, but for 1 ton TREs rather than puny Jeep TREs?

Anyone know of a company who would make such a thing?

Long story short, how can i retain my stock waggy knuckles, and 1 ton TREs but go OTK?

FINALLY started the teardown:

IMG_20110704_151130.jpg

Goodbye 8.8

IMG_20110704_151120.jpg

I had to stop early, because i got some poison ivy and it spread to my face, it sucks.

If im feeling up to it, ill get some budweisers, and ill take out the dana 30, what better way to celebrate the 4th of july?

Painted the rear dif with rustoleum brush on satin black, i love this stuff!

IMG_20110709_184022.jpg

Bolted the rear in, i still need to put my brake lines on it.

IMG_20110709_195351.jpg

I got the pinion angle near perfect

IMG_20110709_195403.jpg

I also got the front 44 coil buckets tacked on

IMG_20110709_184008.jpg

Still waiting on DOM from ballistic fab, i regret not getting it locally.

The pinion angle looks a little high but what concerns me is that it looks that way unloaded and hanging. Compressed it could look higher.

I found it is best set up pinion angles with the weight of the vehichle on the axle to get it perfect.

coil buckets are just tacked, i copied the angle on the dana 30.

the front axle is just sitting under neath the jeep, and i just put the coils there for shits and giggles.

I just put the jack stands undneath the axle, the driveshaft was a little more than 13 degrees, and the axles pinion was at 15. Something i should worry about, do they even make shims that thin?

At this point in time, the last thing i want to do is cut those mounts back off and re weld them. Ive allready done a crap load of grinding.

but if it will give me nasty vibes, or destroy u joints ill fix it.

That is why burning the spring perches on is usually the last thing you do. You can cycle it with them just held on by the u-bolts to get the pinion angle right while it is loaded as was said. Get everything right, tack them on with the weight of the vehicle on it, then burn them on for good.

Cleaned both frame rails, first i did it with a twisted wire wheel, then a flap wheel:

IMG_20110711_174959.jpg

Got the drivers side mount welded up:

IMG_20110711_203240.jpg

And passenger:

IMG_20110711_194047.jpg

IMG_20110711_194032.jpg

Boy, did those cleaning those frame rails suck!

I also picked up some u joint u bolts for the rear, and a 760x joint for the wagoneer, i need to get one more joint still. I plan on running full circle clips.

You are making progress. Good

I don't recommend using sanding pads/flapper discs on the framerails if you can avoid it. The oem material is very thin so preserving as much of it as possible is ideal.

I use paint/rust removing pads like this.

stripdisk.jpg

With these, the stripping process goes quick and I find it only takes two of these wheels to strip both framerails on a XJ/MJ for plating.

You are making progress. Good

I don't recommend using sanding pads/flapper discs on the framerails if you can avoid it. The oem material is very thin so preserving as much of it as possible is ideal.

I use paint/rust removing pads like this.

stripdisk.jpg

With these, the stripping process goes quick and I find it only takes two of these wheels to strip both framerails on a XJ/MJ for plating.

I actually did use that on the second rail, the first rail i usedthe flapper, but that was already almost worn out.

I must say, the fiber wheels did do a much better job.

At least now i know for next time!

I actually did use that on the second rail, the first rail i usedthe flapper, but that was already almost worn out.

I must say, the fiber wheels did do a much better job.

At least now i know for next time!

Yeah. They rock.

Back