• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ's allowed here? :)

why! this just seems so rediculous. im so confused.

I know why go ranger when you can go Yota or Nissan! All i can say is a Taco with a nice long travel setup and a STS turbo kit FTMFW! but i live In Indiana so Jeep it is! :D

id rather have a Ranger with a V8 in it than a yota with at Turbo
but thats just me :)

Last edited:
id rather have a Ranger with a V8 in it than a yota with at Turbo
but thats just me :)

No thanks! A 4.sucks doesn't sound appealing to me.

Tough crowd! I wish i had a 4.0, mine is a 3.slow! Tacomas and rangers are both great platforms but the reason i went with a ranger is because i've always wanted another one, cheaper to build, dime a dozen to get replacement parts...and i like them! :)

What i do miss about the jeep is the back seats. But now i have a reason to not be the one to drive everyone around!

As for the xj versus ranger battle... I would be totally down for some runs through the whoops! It'll be a while because im waiting for camburg or other companies to come out with a 4x4 kit with c/o and bypass.

yeah buy a yota and move to japan and eat a bunch of rice you trader keep it AMERICAN

Learn how to punctuate and use capitalization! :D I never said my XJ is going anywhere I would just rather have a Yota than a Ranger! Besides Where are most domestic vehicle parts made........crickets chirping.........thats what I thought. That said a linked ranger on coilovers is fine with me as long as it is built right.

I guess one nice thing about rangers, is you can use your wheels/tires from your XJ on it. LOL. Only way I would get a ranger is if it was, cheap, had a 4.0L/5sp. Although, an LSx swap would piss people off.

yeah buy a yota and move to japan and eat a bunch of rice you trader keep it AMERICAN

Last I knew, Tacomas were made at NUMMI, in your state. Or maybe you were referring to other Toyota vehicles (just not the other 10+ models made in America as well).

Unless you were making a joke. Then I'm :dunce:

Oh and to remain on-topic, that ZJ is clean and looks great! Sorry that the OP had to let it go and get a ranger like everyone else :D I kid...

Tough crowd! I wish i had a 4.0, mine is a 3.slow! Tacomas and rangers are both great platforms but the reason i went with a ranger is because i've always wanted another one, cheaper to build, dime a dozen to get replacement parts...and i like them! :)

What i do miss about the jeep is the back seats. But now i have a reason to not be the one to drive everyone around!

As for the xj versus ranger battle... I would be totally down for some runs through the whoops! It'll be a while because im waiting for camburg or other companies to come out with a 4x4 kit with c/o and bypass.

Dixon Brothers has a 4x4 LT set-up. Also a cantilever rear end set up too.

http://www.dixonbrosracing.com/

Its only money and I am sure they would fab something up for ya!

Back