• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'01 XJ for sale in Arvada

BlacknBlue_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Up for sale is my 2001 Cherokee Sport with about 221,000 on the clock. I bought this Jeep as a project and, sadly, I don't have the time I thought I would to upgrade it and take it wheeling as I had originally intended. The Jeep runs great and would work as well as a daily driver as it would a dedicated off-roader.

The good (new = within the past 2-3 years):

-The interior is relatively immaculate. There are no cracks in the dash, all of the instrument lights work, The headliner doesn't sag, and there are no tears in the seats (aside from some normal wear on the driver's seat.)
-A/C and heat work great
-Power door locks and windows work
-Sony head unit with aux out for iPod/phone
-New battery
-New steering box
-New motor mounts (not installed)
-New steering stabilizer and tie rod ends (no death wobble)
-Rubicon Express lower control arms (not installed)
-JKS front swaybar disconnects
-New valve cover and oil pan gaskets
-New rear main seal
-B&M transmission cooler
-Autometer transmission temp gauge
-Napier hood vents
-New harmonic balancer and timing chain
-Engine ground wiring upgrade
-New transfer case chain
-Slip Yoke Eliminator
-2" lift spacers in the front, new heavy duty (aprox 2" lift) rear springs and new rear shocks
-Adjustable shackle mounts and extended shackles on the rear springs (excellent articulation and a nice ride with the heavy duty springs)
-Swapped in a very tight Chrysler 8.25" rear axle and converted the rear drum brakes to discs
-Five 30" Yokohama Geolander all-terrain tires (2 almost new, 2 ~70%, spare ~30%)
-Diamondplate lockable toolbox bolted through the floor in the trunk for tool/valuable storage
-Have a complete set of 5 Ecco alloy wheels that I will include

The bad:
-The driver's window clicks when you roll it all the way up. There are some teeth worn from a pulley on the window regulator. Fortunately, I have a new window regulator assembly ready to install.
-The flexplate in the transmission likely has a crack. There is a knocking noise at idle until you apply throttle, then it goes away. Fortunately, I have a new one ready to install. There is a slight chance this could be a rod knock, but folks who know XJ's who have heard it agree it's the flexplate, especially since cracking is a relatively common problem. I have a new one ready to go in.
- There is surface rust on the roof. It doesn't come close to going through the metal and it hasn't advanced since I've owned the car here in Colorado, but it should be addressed. When I had the windshield replaced I inspected the area underneath and it's rust-free.
-That new windshield has a rock chip/crack already :(
-Three of the doors have rust on the bottom. This is fairly common with XJ Cherokees. This rust does go through. Fortunately, I have 3 rust-free doors ready to install.
-The trackbar is worn. I wanted to replace with an aftermarket one, but - at 2-2.5" of lift the Jeep is between sizes. A stock one can be used to replace, but if you lift it any more you will need the next size up. Everything works fine, but a new trackbar should take the last little bit of slop out of the steering.
- The driveshaft I swapped in when I did the slip yoke eliminator is fairly extended. It drives fine with just a bit of vibration, but I don't think I'd take the chance articulating the suspension too far until I had one made to fit

Asking $3500

Craigslist ad with pics: https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/arvada-2001-jeep-cherokee-sport/6787053015.html

Back