• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yet another problem to bother you with...

DSN46

NAXJA Forum User
Besides the aforementioned tranny cooler / engine temp problem, I have another question. I have been trying for an hour to remove the damn temperature sending unit (the one that is back by the firewall jammed in next to the valve cover). CAnt get it to budge... no socket will fit.... open end wrench doesnt have room to turn... I'm just rounding off the two exposed corners of the bolt head. Please tell me how you got it out. It looks though I may have to remove the valve cover again to get at it (just took it off and cleaned it and installed new seal!)

Thanks for your patience.

James

kunaji said:
I just used a deepwell 1/4 in socket.
agreed, You'll probably have to move the wire bundle that goes to the injectors a bit to get in there good. If you use a short extension and the deepwell socket that will get you up and over the valve cover, then you can ratchet it a good bit.

Thanks for the responses!

I have a deep well socket the right size, however, on my engine for some reason, the valve cover sits against the side of the bolt head, thereby not allowing me to get the socket on. Also, I tried an open end wrench, but it just keeps rounding off the corners of the bolt. I'm afraid I'm gonna have to take the valve cover off to get at it.

Any other suggestions are welcome, and thanks again.

James

might want to try vise grips if you can get them in there. The sender shouldn't be in there THAT tight.

Back