• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yellowxj aka Travis goes 3 wheels up

That was the Crawl in 2006.

I broke a trac bar about 100' off trail 1. Luckily it only held us up for about an hour.

I witnessed Travis's ballerina move first hand...trust me...the vid doesn't do it justice! Then I was about the 2nd or third rig to go down that...talk about pucker factor.

I tore a front brake hose on Guardrail. I rolled mine between Helicopter pad and School bus later that day. Travis popped a bogger off the bead. We had one rig on a single axle shaft...and it was a front D-30 no less. Oh and one of the guy's wives was scared off by a bear when she was answering nature's call about a 100 yards off the top of guardrail.

Came down School Bus at about 10 PM and remember you all actually sent out a search party for us. GREAT times!!

Oh man... yea I was in that Search party. Mark 200froad and I went looking for you guys. We finally meet up on one of the trails in... 4 was it? Or was it 6? I remember that night.... Heather came to me about 7 or 8 and asked if I had heard or seen you guys... I was like um no. She told me not to drink and to get ready to head out.... Man that was fun. I tell that story about the bear often.... Good times!

I remember the sparks off axles and rockers as we pounded down schoolbus in the dark...I had blisters from walking so much...and that broken track bar only took an hour cause we rally raced all the way down 1 to crawfords and back...aired down 35x10.5 front swampers were fun on the paved road...

So was having no brakes...coming down school bus...in the dark!! LOL

Back