• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yella's 5.9 ZJ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the S10 Extremes are sweet looking. I was going to do the bodykit on my 98, but got rid of it. I just wish the Extreme package was more than just looks. You could get them with 4cyl engines, it was just a 2" drop and bodykit with rims.

My 98 was a regular cab short box fleetside. I'm not a fan at all of step-side beds. It was dark cherry red metallic and it was a sweet little truck. Its what replaced my wannabe pre-runner 84 S10. There are many times I'll think back and wish I'd just stuck with S10's for both wheeling and street. Its so easy to swap in V8's and solid axles, or V8 and slam the XXXX out of it. Of course now I have a family and need the extra room of an SUV and I've just never been a fan of the S10 Blazers.

Troy, congrats/ I knew someone would snag that from ya sooner than later.

Good to hear you are getting another gm toy. My old man picked up a 09 silverado as a daily btw(gorgeous)

A ls1 s10 is for sure a cool toy. You can find a clean 4 cil s10 for i'd say 2k. A ls1/tanny for 2500/ swap it and ur eating up some vettes...
I am ALL for cool v8 toys btw, but I would get tired of the wagon too quick/just too loud on the looks man(very cool though)
I have seen a couple of s10's carb'd 350's for CHEAP too though. O don't forget checking out the syclone/typhoon's. They are out there in the 5k area for sure!!!

Now that I know you are looking for a toy, i'll keep the eyes peel'd for ya!
Let us know whatever you do though!

Last edited:
Syclone's are by far the coolest sport trucks in the world. I love those things.

A guy I am aquanted with in Loveland has a really fast one, I want to say he broke into the high 9's at Bandimere but i can't say for certain. I know the last time I saw him run Bandimere he was running 10.8's and having to let almost completely off the throttle after launch because it would start getting AWD induced deathwobble. The front tires scraambling for power cause the car to start shaking and hopping.

I have never seen a Cyclone/Typhoon for anywhere close to $5K....... dunno that I'd want one that could be bought that cheap either....... when those trucks break, it's usually $$$. Any of 'em worth buying is generally $12K - $15K at a minimum...... but it'd be pretty sweet...... :D

It's probably a pipe-dream, but yeah, if I could score an LS series engine swap'd S-10/Sonoma for under $5K I'd be wearing a pretty big grin....... Can't do a carb'd/no cats engine swap with the emissions issues I have to deal with down here.

Actually there isn't much to a Syclone/Typhoon that issn't just off the shelf GM parts. The blocks are the same as most any other 4.3, there isn't anything special about the axles, transmission, or t-case.

Seats, center console, bodykits, and a few other bits are about all thats unique to them. The turbo kits were actually purchased from an aftermarket company and replacing them with a better setup is generally considered a good idea.

My neighbor has a Typhoon he's getting ready to rebuild an engine for. Its in really good shape otherwise and the body/interior is pretty clean from what I've seen on it. He'll be looking to sell it as soon as the engine is back in it.

I played on s10forum.com for many years before I was here but I really like the zq8 truck, owned a 99 for a few year, awsome truck 4.3 with a 5sp, 3.73 gears posi, lowered, shaved, billet stuff, polished wheels, bed cover etc, miss it all the time...

sorry for the lame pic, all I got here
truck byes.jpg

Syclone's are by far the coolest sport trucks in the world. I love those things.

A guy I am aquanted with in Loveland has a really fast one, I want to say he broke into the high 9's at Bandimere but i can't say for certain. I know the last time I saw him run Bandimere he was running 10.8's and having to let almost completely off the throttle after launch because it would start getting AWD induced deathwobble. The front tires scraambling for power cause the car to start shaking and hopping.

Are you talking about BullySyclone? Black truck with purple accents? That truck is insane to see go down the track. Picks up on all four corners and just goes!

Congrats on getting that thing sold Troy!

I played on s10forum.com for many years before I was here but I really like the zq8 truck, owned a 99 for a few year, awsome truck 4.3 with a 5sp, 3.73 gears posi, lowered, shaved, billet stuff, polished wheels, bed cover etc, miss it all the time...

sorry for the lame pic, all I got here
truck byes.jpg

That truck, right there....... exactly what I'd like to find. :thumbup:

Are you talking about BullySyclone? Black truck with purple accents? That truck is insane to see go down the track. Picks up on all four corners and just goes!

Congrats on getting that thing sold Troy!

Yes, that is the exact one. He used to own a YJ also but has since gotten rid of it. He has another "stock" syclone that he uses as a daily driver.

He is a good friend of my neighbor, thats how I've met him a few times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foHCpuva8LM

Man, that's haulin' up here in this thin air. Of course the forced induction helps, but still. On low profile drag radials no less. Put some slicks and a high-stall converter in that thing and he's in the 8s. Is his timeslip data from that run out there somewhere? I'm curious what the 60' time was?

Screw that chevy crap, stick with Mopar and get the fastest American production truck ever made with an average speed of 154.587Xmph on one of NASCAR tracks, the Dodge Ram SRT-10. With a Viper V10 pushing 510 bhp and 525 lb-ft stock from the factory. Paint it silver and add a couple of racing stripes and you would have the matched set. One for towing and one for beating down the chevys and fords.

Screw that chevy crap, stick with Mopar and get the fastest American production truck ever made with an average speed of 154.587Xmph on one of NASCAR tracks, the Dodge Ram SRT-10. With a Viper V10 pushing 510 bhp and 525 lb-ft stock from the factory. Paint it silver and add a couple of racing stripes and you would have the matched set. One for towing and one for beating down the chevys and fords.

Gotta put a hitch to tow the gas trailer gas is right at 3,00 a gallon

The SRT ram only gets the record because of it's top speed. Most reports I saw of their stock 1/4 mile times were around 13.5-13.8. The Syclone has been tested as fast as 13.1 in stock trim. They also built far fewer syclones (less than 3000) so they get more cool points for rarity. I like dodge but for some reason the SRT ram just never appealed to me and honestly I can't say why. I like the lightnings and I don't even like Fords. I love the Syclone but was never a fan of the Silverado SS's. The Dakota 5.9 R/T is cool, but not really a contender in the speed dept. I think a lot of it derives from the fact that I like the smaller trucks better for the slammed, 2wd, street look and think that full size trucks should really be lifted and on big tires, preferably diesel as well. The exception being duallies. I love me a slammed dually with stacks and 10-lugs. Do it right with airbags and it'll still tow like a mf'er too.

Of course S-10's will always have a special place in my heart as my first two cars/trucks were S-10's. I still dream of having the matched set of a Syclone and Baja or ZR2 and Extreme.

Last edited:
It would be cooler if it was a Buick, because then it would have wood grain on the sides. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back