• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yella's 5.9 ZJ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
get a J20 and stuff a 12bt in it... silly V8s :moon:

A slow kitten:gee:

I'll race your suburban anyday. :D

I have the S4 for when I want to go fast, but in case I get bored the Durango should be getting 4.10's, a tuner, and full exhaust (headers, cats, etc) here in the next month or so. Then I'll pit it up against my neighbors TrailBlazer SS to see how badly I get spanked. :D I bet it won't be enough for me to want a 600/mo$ car payment over my free and clear MOPAR.

Well, I'm on the hunt..........

ZJ was paid for and driven away this afternoon.

Momma said she's paying a couple bills with some of the funds........ capped me at $3K for something to take the ZJ's place. Yeah, I know, not a lot of meat left on the bone to throw at anything decent...... but we'll see.

I've got my eye on a killer '67 Chevy stepside with a S.B.400/auto.... and also considering a '72 El Camino with a mild built 350/auto..... both fit the budget, but will need work...... which doesn't fit the budget initially. :dunno:

So far, I can't get her to warm up to rockfrog's MJ because it's a stick...... there will be occasions she will have to drive whatever I get...... she's not excited about learning to drive stick all over again.

The MJ I have stashed is a '91 4.0/auto, but it needs a lot of tinkering and a transmission...... not really ready for driver duty without alot of time into it...... but I may just have to go that route......

Ugh. Decisions, decisions. :D

You should rename this "Yella's everything-but-5.9 ZJ thread" :moon:

I vote get the MJ but I might be a bit biased. I wish I owned that truck, it's in beautiful shape unlike mine and has all the options I wish mine had stock.

No more Jeep projects. No more projects for that matter........

I'm just getting kinda jeeped-out. Looking for something interesting and fun to drive. I've always liked the S-10/Sonoma trucks. A 4.3/auto would really fit the bill.

........ but I'll be gawdammed if I can freakin' find one in that $3K neighborhood anywhere. :mad:

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2156371435.html

Hope this helps, I wouldn't limit myself to s10's. Cool, but it takes some real nice suspension/wheels/seats to reallynenjoy one IMHO plus you have to worry about the workmanship of the last guy bitting u in the ass.

The 67 is a great idea/ I don't know if I'll ever have the heart to sell my 70burn

Last edited:
[
The Renault is very cool. Actcually made a online magazine just from the post on cl. Real nice guy, he pretty much has a spare car minus body/frame. Motor,radiator,brake parts, glass. Very nice guy, I'm tempted myself/ but I really want to get a bike for the summer. Can't have icecream and cake or I'd get that car lower it and get a cool bobber bike too.

Those old renaults actually are liquid cooled unlike the bugs, cool history to them too. During WW2 car manufactures in europe were only allowed to help produce and design cars for the war. Renault secretly assigned a team of engineers to come up with a post war car like the bug for the people. Obviously they would need to be low price/reliable like the bug for the germans. BUT were talking about the french here, these things are sweet/ the body lines are just amazing/ suicide doors on a european car!/ just a really cool car...:peace:

Dakota R/T ftw. I do love some lowered S-10's though. Get a 4cyl one I you're planning a V8 swap anyways, although I'm not sure if they ever came with automatics. Even if they did I doubt you'd want one with an auto. My 98 was a 4cyl, not as underpowered as you would think and got 25mpg on the highway. Of course it had pacesetter header, high flow cat, and a Gibson exhaust with an intake and venom computer module. Basicly I spent as much money on go-fastish goodies to make the 4 cyl slightly faster than the V6 that I would have jut swapping a V8 into it. Live and learn I guess.

'Guapo: Love your energy and eye for "different" cars......... but ya gotta keep in mind, the wife has to be willing and able to drive it when her's is down. Rat rods ain't gonna cut it. Plus, it gonna sit in the driveway....... rat rods aren't neighbor friendly..... :D

Dutch: I'm not closed to a 4-banger, but yeah, a 4-banger/auto combination would be no fun at all. I don't think I'd get into it enough to want to do a V8 swap - I have plenty of other projects that need the funds spent their direction rather than take on an LS-S10. I'd rather find one done already. But it's not realistic to expect to find one for $3K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back