• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ .. Warn 8274..

cal

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I bought a Warn 8274 that I -really- want to run on the XJ. I havent found anyone making a pre-fab bumper that will work.

Before I go through and try to build my first bumper, and end up with a lot of frustration with less than pretty results .. Does anyone know of a pre-fabricated bumper that will mount an 8274?

-Cal

cal said:
I bought a Warn 8274 that I -really- want to run on the XJ. I havent found anyone making a pre-fab bumper that will work.

Before I go through and try to build my first bumper, and end up with a lot of frustration with less than pretty results .. Does anyone know of a pre-fabricated bumper that will mount an 8274?

-Cal
call Mike at protofab Im sure either of thiers will work

I ahve a call into mike now I will let ya know

Last edited:
logans metal sells a bracket that makes any 10x4" mounting hole pattern (standard winch foot pattern) into a feet forward mount.

For example, I have their winch bumper on my truck. as it sits, its ready for any normal foot-down winch. For about $100.00 more I'm able to mount the 8274 if I wish.

That would bring my total cost to about $460.00 shipped for bumper and 8274 plate.

I would highly recommend logan's metal for customer service, quality and speed of delivery. Jamie is way cool to work, with and I'll likely go with their rear bumper, too.

Regards,
Brian

So I hear that there is this cool video on youtube of kids playing techno with a Cherokee... but I can't find the link...

To be honest, yeah, bringing back Cal's 5 yr old thread likely was retaliation for all of Sequoia's that were brought back, but Brian's post actually could be helpful for anyone looking today, seeing as to how Cal flaked out on us...;)

:roflmao:

it's like shooting fish in a barrel

Searching for threads containing the phrase LFybwg4wadI is pretty hilarious these days...

(yeah, just screwing around, I swore I'd lead someone into linking to techno jeep every time cal/GSequoia resurrected the other's threads and I am gonna stick to it!)

I did not see a conversion bracket on that web site.
I've got an 8274, but it won't fit my rigs without taking the front grill off.
Anyone have a pic of the bracket, I thought about using a local sop to fab one up.?

I did not see a conversion bracket on that web site.
I've got an 8274, but it won't fit my rigs without taking the front grill off.
Anyone have a pic of the bracket, I thought about using a local sop to fab one up.?
you didn't read any of this thread at all before replying, did you

Back