• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj gets hit

flexinout

NAXJA Forum User
I was driving home from bear hunting this after noon when a hispanic male in his late 20's. No license, no insurance and couldn't speak english. I've only had my cherokee 2 weeks and it gets f**d up.

xjnissancrash.jpg

xjnono.jpg

xjnissancrash2.jpg
accident1.jpg

damage.jpg

numberr2.jpg

steeringwheel.jpg

^^^ I twisted my grant GT wheel
He waqs given a no insurance,no license, and failure to yeild ticket for $1300.
And with the thought,its just a jeep, I don't have full coverage so its out of pocket time.

Oh and when he found out I did have liability insurance he tried to get my info and pin it on me.

I AGREE, instead of a 1300.00 ticket, he shoulda had a ticket to jail, and I'm not embellishing. Folks like that need a good hard kick in their ass to wake them up. OBEY THE LAW. Oh, this irks me.

Sorry about your rig, dude! Best of luck restoring it :).

I have made progress using a chain and the welded on bumper of my 5000lb 71 f100 4x4 on 35's. its not as bad as it looks. Just means custom bumper and custom mounts when the time comes.

My parents did some missionary work in Monterrey Mexico when I was a kid.
I lived there when I was 9-13 years of age.

Drivers there are freaking nuts!
Often drivers who were in a hurry would not stop at the ALTO signs.
They would honk their horns and keep going - I saw plenty of near misses and wrecks.

I used to ride my bike to a friend's house and would have to cross several busy streets on the way.
Pedestrians definitely DO NOT have the right of way there.
You have to dodge cars because there's no way in hell they're slowing down for you.

This driver probably expected you to dodge him because in Mexico driving is one big game of chicken - seriously!

Last edited:
Got any pics of the underside of the front frame? As it looks in the pics I see driver fender, bumper,hood, and entire front clip including radiator. Did it twist the front frame where the bumper mounts or just bend the end of the bumper in? Sorry for your luck though it hurt's seeing someone's jeep get messed up because of a dumba$$ driver.

Rticul8 is right, and they're just what we would classify as "bad" drivers over here. We took a taxi somewhere when I went to Mexico for spring break and the taxi driver would stomp on the gas, come right up behind a car, go over a speed bump doing like 40, then stomp on the brakes repeatedly. It's either WOT or the brake pedal is on the floor. And pedestrians definitely don't have the right of way, if you don't move you'll get hit. That same taxi ride we almost hit a few people riding mopeds.

out of curiousity, who owned the pickup?

We get a lot of illegals in Delaware driving around minivans and pickups (and ford exploders) with PA plates. Somehow they are able to get cars out of state, then drive around in DE without getting their registration checked. One town is using the "must register within 30 days of moving" thing in the DMV rules. They'll drive around the "low rent" areas and take note of the license plates every few weeks.. see the same out of state plates for too long, and instant ticket! I wonder how the illegals pay tickets without getting into immigration problems...

He owned it. He had a state issued id he must have thought was as good as a DL.We have the same laws here. He only has 15 days to pay it.

I'll post more pictures this afternoon

Last edited:
I have done quite a bit of work today and for $53 fixed my jeep.
chain.jpg

moxj.jpg

and after 24 hours work

ohya.jpg

Back