• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ-Armor

Screw all that other crap. If you're any good with a Dremel, you can bore it out yourself. I did :chef: . Don't be afraid to take off the sensors and throttle plate, being careful with the return spring. Line up a gasket to the bottom of the tb. Using a marker, blacken the area you need to take away, and grind away at it. Do it very little at a time until you just meet the edge of your mark. Then finish off with a cylinder hone from Pep Boys and an electric, variable speed drill. Then I bought a 62mm Hesco spacer. I really can't believe the difference! I know I got more horses in the high end because I can get over 45mph now before I have to shift to 3rd.

If you don't want to ruin yours, get one from a junkyard. Honestly though, with gas prices so high around here, I took it off. I opted for the stock tb and a 60mm spacer, it tapers back out to 62mm at the bottom anyway.

"When it comes to being the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, it's just a freight train coming your way." - James Hetfield

I can bore one for ya, how ever I'm in eastern Canada, but shipping shouldn't be too bad.

I almost bought from xj-armor during an e-Bay auction. When I was ready to buy he never got back to me. I went to www.bbb.org and looked him up. Not so good. I've had excellent response in talking to Xtreme-fi who posts on eBay as well. He sells bored out TB's for all 4.0L's as well as boring out TB's sent into him. They've been around awhile and www.bbb.org rates them highly.

xjoe said:
Just a little update(Feb 02 2006) no bored t.b yet, I have called, never get an anwser or a returned call. Also tried several e-mails no response. So what gives with this guy? I'd be more than happy to talk to him but I cannot get ahold anyone or get them to return my calls or e-mails.
Update,(ordered Jan 20 2006) never recieved my t.b or any reply to my numerous calls or e-mails. I finaly filed a claim with my card company.

Good for you Joe, I was going to ask you about this as I remember your thread on the PNW board. Hope you get your money back. I know AJ (AJs offroad armor) was offering this as well and at a pretty good price. Might want to look into him.

-b

GirlScout1 said:
Good for you Joe, I was going to ask you about this as I remember your thread on the PNW board. Hope you get your money back. I know AJ (AJs offroad armor) was offering this as well and at a pretty good price. Might want to look into him.

-b
I am bidding on a t.b on e-bay. The guys name is artsounds, and has great feed back. I post something up on how it goes. Joe

Saw it on eBay, I ordered a MAP adjuster for a decent price.. it took the guy a while to ship it but not too long.. left him a good feedback, but he ain't left me nothing, fine! I think the guy's too busy and is running his business solo but overall he's OK. I think I'll take his 3 row radiator..

i have the jeepers and creepers bored out throotle body for about 3 years now and hands down one of the best mods i have ever done to my engine. its great. would do it again and the guys at jeepers are great. ive also heard things about turbo city. dont know if they are around that much anymore but im thinking about gettin a map sensor if i can find one for the jeep and they used to have one, not sure if they still do or not.

XJHummerRescue said:
www.XJ-Armor.com

I have been looking to buy their bored out TB and TB spacer for Renix engines, but i'm a little wary as I haven't heard anything about them, and want to know if anyone here has done business with them, just so I dont go and give my money away for nothing.

Also, is the TB spacer really worth the $100?

Thanks

man I was looking for bigger bore throttle bodys for mine

as for the spacer go th rustys they make one a little cheaper

http://rustyoffroad.com

phsycomatt89 said:
I don't know what u guys r on. I got the intake and throttle body from him reasonably and in two days time as well and everything works great.

I am not on anything! Buyer beware! All you have to do is look at his feedback on ebay, speaks volumes. I wished I would have used common sense, as much negative feedback as he has.

xjoe said:
I am bidding on a t.b on e-bay. The guys name is artsounds, and has great feed back. I post something up on how it goes. Joe

Ordered the bored t.b on friday, recieved it on wednsday. Not to bad considering monday was a Holiday. Happy with the product too. Artsounds is allright.

what we are on? before asking a question like that noob, i think you should read other posts, or even better do a SEARCH on XJ ARMOR and see what comes up....
Read all the posts again, and maybe then you will realize that you are actually one of the few that got their stuff in a reasonable time period....

Back