• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WoW, Ya'll need to chill on Hummers, as do...

dblb48

NAXJA Forum User
hummers need to chill on jeeps. lets get this out there. Jeeps are probably the best offroad vehicle out there, but The good ones are usually extensively modified right? The hummers, for the most part, are bone stock, and for that are great offroaders, especially when compared to all 4x4's. Now as a one time cj owner, and a current H2(soon to be H3) owner I can see both sides of the issue. As for the video, ya alot of it is crap, but alot of it is just good offroading by an H2, and for some reason most of you wont admit that, everyone knows a modified jeep is better than a hummer, but that doesn't make a hummer bad. So before I sign off, just ponder this thought, and if anyone has any insight, I would like to know. What would perform better: Stock H2, H3, or a wrangler. because I don't know.

lets see my last xj including lockers, axles, lift, tires etc was 5500 total to do class 4.5 and 5.0 trails. How much did your H2 cost? I have yet to see any H2 on either of those trails. Frankly they are just too big to fit.

The H3 I believe will be a a great compromise between the H2 and a XJ.

I believe wheeling is 90% driver ability. I've seen Fiats and Crown Vics make trails an h2 with an idiot behind the wheel wouldn't make. I'de say buy the H1 or realize you can't afford a hummer. As for the H3... buy a toureg and leave it in the box. (ps... the toureg rocks!)

youre comparing apples and oranges. how much does a hummer cost compared to an XJ? money for money, off road, the jeep wins hands down.

$50,000 hummer vs $5,000 XJ +$45,000 in mods

**Edited by a Mod. No personal insults, name calling, etc... will be tolerated. Consider this a warning**

olivedrabcj7 said:
youre comparing apples and oranges. how much does a hummer cost compared to an XJ? money for money, off road, the jeep wins hands down.

$50,000 hummer vs $5,000 XJ +$45,000 in mods

Jeep wins. go back to the H2 board. xxx .

Hey Olive that aint called for...now you are acting like a jerk! Everyone is welcome here, even if they dont have a foot in reality

The key is a 5,000 jeep will do more than a 40,000 hummer, you dont need to spend the extra 35,000.

Last edited by a moderator:
Note: There will be no personal insults or name calling. There is no need to drag this thread down by acting like children. Participate in the thread if you want, but leave the insults out. Period. You will receive a 48 hour "break" from the forums if you do, so fair warning.

hmmphf.........

dblb48 said:
hummers need to chill on jeeps. lets get this out there. Jeeps are probably the best offroad vehicle out there, but The good ones are usually extensively modified right? The hummers, for the most part, are bone stock, and for that are great offroaders, especially when compared to all 4x4's. Now as a one time cj owner, and a current H2(soon to be H3) owner I can see both sides of the issue. As for the video, ya alot of it is crap, but alot of it is just good offroading by an H2, and for some reason most of you wont admit that, everyone knows a modified jeep is better than a hummer, but that doesn't make a hummer bad. So before I sign off, just ponder this thought, and if anyone has any insight, I would like to know. What would perform better: Stock H2, H3, or a wrangler. because I don't know.

Did you register just to say that?
Billy

F. F. said:
Note: There will be no personal insults or name calling. There is no need to drag this thread down by acting like children. Participate in the thread if you want, but leave the insults out. Period. You will receive a 48 hour "break" from the forums if you do, so fair warning.
Hey they need you over on the Hummer forums...Never seen so many nasty mouthed people...

They are some extremly defensive people over there.

Well good for you! to many of us it dont matter what you use on the trail, just as long as its on the trail. Mostly the beef with hummer guys is they tend to belittle anyone who does not drive a hummer, trash talk and bad mouth everyone around...I have been onthe trails with them 3 times in 3 different groups and it was nothing but a very bad experience. not a nice person in the lot. I may have just been unlucky though

dblb48 said:
No, Actually I registered to find Info on XJ's, because I'm looking to buy/build one.

Good luck. XJ's are fun and capable rigs. Lots of them around, and fairly inexpensive to modify. They can be lots of fun. Great for an inexpensive trail rig, and easy enough to throw away when they are spent.
Glenn

Funny...they say the same thing about jeepers.

They are going to be in Moab the same time the Fall Fling is going on....Could prove to be interesting.

DrMoab said:
Funny...they say the same thing about jeepers.

They are going to be in Moab the same time the Fall Fling is going on....Could prove to be interesting.

Time for us to be on our best behavor....... :sunshine:

picture.JPG

Back