• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Would it be possible?

Phil

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I bet Opie will make fun of me, and probably call me a pussy, but I'm curious as to if it would even be possible to trade my Jeep for a straight, full bodied rig. I'm not saying I would, but could I? I don't think I could. It is a locked, alloyed,35's blah blah blah same crap as everyone else but cut a little and some body damage.

Don't do it!

Just think how much more damage you would have done to my jeep if it was not as small as it is! :tears:

.!. :D .!.

Phil you sound like me... cept I cut em' up before I get another one. My mood swings change daily! Maybe why I dont have a complete rig, can't decide what I want.

Hey I might work you out a deal to get EVERYTHING jeep oriented I have plus a trailer for yours... it's in good condition right? haha

Want to buy mine?

Seriously?

I'll probably be putting it up for sale (for real) in about a week. I held out for as long as I could... but the possiblity of re-locating is looming and I need the cash.

I'll trade you everything in my other shop jeep related for your rig. This includes a car trailer, an MJ without drivetrain (it does have a straight body), a 2000 XJ with all the drive train (it's been rolled), and anything else you can carry. All the parts together would make a killer MJ & I think you'd end up with a complete extra set of axles. Hell, I'll even build you a rack or tire carrier to sweeten the deal...

Matt

I'm confused.

Phil said:
I bet Opie will make fun of me, and probably call me a pussy, but I'm curious as to if it would even be possible to trade my Jeep for a straight, full bodied rig. I'm not saying I would, but could I? I don't think I could. It is a locked, alloyed,35's blah blah blah same crap as everyone else but cut a little and some body damage.

Why don't you do what I did and just go buy another XJ?!
They don't cost all that much and insurance is cheap.
Ya got a job, right?

Jes said:
Why don't you do what I did and just go buy another XJ?!
They don't cost all that much and insurance is cheap.
Ya got a job, right?

I have no use for two off road vehicles, and my Saturn gets 35+MPG even when mobbing. And can you imagine what a PITA it'd be to do a body swap with my junk?

Capt. Nemo said:
I'll probably be putting it up for sale (for real) in about a week. I held out for as long as I could... but the possiblity of re-locating is looming and I need the cash.
What's the monthly rental rate and how much is the deposit? :shhh:

FarmerMatt said:
I'll trade you everything in my other shop jeep related for your rig. This includes a car trailer, an MJ without drivetrain (it does have a straight body), a 2000 XJ with all the drive train (it's been rolled), and anything else you can carry. All the parts together would make a killer MJ & I think you'd end up with a complete extra set of axles. Hell, I'll even build you a rack or tire carrier to sweeten the deal...

Matt

How much to install the drivetrain for me?:yelclap:

Okay, how about this.
Give me some beer and you can have my doors, roof, and I think I have an extra hatch at URF headquarters. :D

pussy!

buy a windjamer for the few times you drive it at speed...

Buy a 2000 Black 4 door, swap in a HP30, dont change the oil for 70,000 miles, do a RE 5.5 with drop brackets, gear and lock the axles, run alloys front and rear, and just for good measure throw an atlas and custom sheetmetal roof rack and some 33's on there... and learn how to drive to keep the body straight...

use this 'black jeep' for easy trails, and use the green one for... well... if you ever go to JV again...

XJ_ranger said:
pussy!

buy a windjamer for the few times you drive it at speed...

Buy a 2000 Black 4 door, swap in a HP30, dont change the oil for 70,000 miles, do a RE 5.5 with drop brackets, gear and lock the axles, run alloys front and rear, and just for good measure throw an atlas and custom sheetmetal roof rack and some 33's on there... and learn how to drive to keep the body straight...

use this 'black jeep' for easy trails, and use the green one for... well... if you ever go to JV again...

IT'S NOT FOR SALE! :nono:
Besides if anyone gets it it will be me. :D
~~Ardis

Capt. Nemo said:
$10,500 and you can keep it indefinitely...

The next vehicle I buy outright will have a turbo and use the green pump at the gas station. Trade you for some Green Junk....

Santa Cruz Sailor said:
IT'S NOT FOR SALE! :nono:
Besides if anyone gets it it will be me. :D
~~Ardis
I'll trade you for some Green Junk...It'd probably tow a tent trailer...kinda.

Back