• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wooooohooooooooo

karstic said:
Could you have moved the legs outward and made them a little taller to mount the shouck under the leg?
they are welded onto plates welded directly to the unibody rails... unless you weld something to the side of the rail, then weld the hoop to that, this is the sturdiest way to do it, as far as we could come up with.

your gonna notice mud all over the inside come azusa season.

Looks nice. One question.....Is there enough room around the shock for movement during flexing? Looks kinda tight to me. Just wondering.

corbinafly said:
Looks nice. One question.....Is there enough room around the shock for movement during flexing? Looks kinda tight to me. Just wondering.
That's what I was thinking but then I attributed it to the camera angle and the photographer ;)

there is about a half inch all the way around the shock.. if there are flex issues it iwll self clearance and i can cut it out then... its all thin sheet metal around there :D

GrimmJeeper said:
they are welded onto plates welded directly to the unibody rails... unless you weld something to the side of the rail, then weld the hoop to that, this is the sturdiest way to do it, as far as we could come up with.

Gotcha :thumbup:

hellbilly04 said:
That's coming VERY soon!

Dammit grimm......i keep coming back to look at the pics!! it looks great! You bringing it to Azusa?

Notice the custom anti vibration devise in the B pillar:D

tcm glx said:
This is just classic!!

IMG_0276.jpg

Is there any shots under the car? I want to see the mounts on the axle and where they come through the floor.

PLEASE!!!!!! haha

xtimmax said:
your gonna notice mud all over the inside come azusa season.

I did this to mine way back when.. It is vertually the same but with alot less $$ shocks lol..

334600021.jpg

There was very little "gap", just enough for shock movement when flexing, and I never noticed any elements coming in the gap.

I tied mine to the entire floor though from fender well to well and then in shear up the well as well as to the top of the well.

33460007.jpg

The look of the what billy did with all tube is nice.

it is very easy to make the lower shock mount attachment location. The only real sticky part is the hole location between the rail and fender well.

P1000039.jpg

hellbilly04 said:

DAMN BILLY!!!! NICE WORK YET AGAIN!!!!!

HOLY NO BUMP STOP BATMAN!!!! I know air bumps are on the way but DAMN MIKE!!! haha Just tell me to shut up......mine was the same way for the longest time. haha

Back