• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winterfest 2009 Carnage

What I thought was a bad CA bushing.....was not a bad CA bushing.....
I guess I'm lucky I got home!

They're Rusty's arms. I got them off of eBay. I paid $90 for a brand new set of adjustable uppers and adjustable lowers. So, I guess I got what I paid for. At least they lasted this long.....

100_5984.jpg

Wow Hale that impressive! I'm holding out on looking mine over till I get home Fri for spring break... Then the Jeep is getting put in the garage for proper inspection.... I have a feeling my t-case skid has seen its last off roading experience....

Taylors Red Label's......he has a very nice friend discount on the 39's

y didn't you text me back on those tires? or were you just trying to find out what size i was running for someone else...

Pat, my stock shafts and spicer joints all held up to everything as well as my hubs...

Its ok, I buy other peoples junk too :)

mac 'go 60 or go home' gyvr

Hmmmm....that looks familiar...tho it was upper rustys arms that I broke, one in Attica in 2001 and one in Tellico in 2001...got rid of the lowers soon after...

mac 'had one of the first sets of adjustable uppers' gyvr

They're Rusty's arms. I got them off of eBay. I paid $90 for a brand new set of adjustable uppers and adjustable lowers. So, I guess I got what I paid for. At least they lasted this long.....

100_5984.jpg

100_5984.jpg
Couple more:

100_5985.jpg

100_5988.jpg

Ya know, I could shuttle the Frankenspare from Bloomington to Flora really easily :D

Nice carnage Mike. What's the replacement plan?

For now I'd just weld it back up and run it. Would a stock UCA work as a temp, or did you have them adjusted out?

Someone in the MWC for sale section had some Skyjacker fixed lowers for sale IIRC.

Here is a picture of my leaf spring breakage on Friday. I have to get the parts and take picture of them taken out.

100_1468.jpg

100_1470.jpg

What's the replacement plan?

I'm leaning toward JKS arms now. I'm afraid that these would just break again if I just welded it up. It'd just move the stress point. Being that it'd be the same (fairly thin) material, I really think I'd end up with the same problem again down the road.

With the JKS's I seriously doubt that I'd ever have to mess with them again. I wish I had the cash to throw at it for some quality LA's but that's not an option.

I'd replace them as well. The shell is already egged, and I doubt you'll ever get it round, or the right diameter again.

Personally, I've had good luck with anything I've bought from JKS. The adjustable arms they were building a few years back looked pretty nice.

I try to learn from others experiences with this stuff. I know that Randy (I think it was Randy) ran JKS arms and beat the snot out of them for a long time. When one did break, JKS replaced it. I know I don't want another set of Rusty's, RE SF's would probably get me by just fine. However, I think the price difference between the JKS and the RE's is worth it from what I've read. At any rate....I plan on ordering a set of arms tomarrow. Still up in the air as to which ones. I'll do some searching this evening.

Wow! Its a good thing you got home on that thing Hale. That could have been very bad.

Back