• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winterfest 2009 Carnage

I haven't taken a close look but here are a few.

Passenger side main leaf spring

Front driveshaft axleside u-joint

tow hook bracket torn a bit

badly dented muffler

The new racing stripe on the passenger side isn't too bad, but not being able to open the door from the outside anymore sucks. Also the window sort-of works, but Rev was happy it didn't break the "glass". I have a feeling an alternator might be in our future also. Time will tell.

Sue

At least you get to keep your doors.
Since the passenger door will not stay closed any more, ours are coming off shortly, tube doors to follow.
:D

If it wasn't so much work to swap hinges, I'd have made you a heck of a deal on my half doors. They're for a 96/older.

Yukon 44 stub, Warn premium hub, upper ball joint. Haven't looked at anything else yet...

DSCN3375.jpg

I would like for the hub to let go on its own. Or for me to keep the front end on the ground.

It's okay Pat. My stock shafts and NAPA U-joints made it up without breakage..... just kidding man. Making that and you not is probably my single greatest wheeling achievement of all time.

well...just figured out what I broke in the rear. either I stripped the shackle bolt, or I busted off the nut that is welded on the inside of the uniframe. Not sure which yet! and the bushings on both shackles are dead. Looks like I'm getting a premature 1" rear lift! ;)

well...just figured out what I broke in the rear. either I stripped the shackle bolt, or I busted off the nut that is welded on the inside of the uniframe. Not sure which yet! and the bushings on both shackles are dead. Looks like I'm getting a premature 1" rear lift! ;)

Thats what was making all your front end noise. Or did you already post what you found for that.

oh no...I forgot about that...there was a bad motor mount. It was just the rubber material on the inside had started to chunk out of it. :(

This shackle thing sucks tho, cause I cant drive it until I get new shackles! The bolt on the drivers side keeps coming out

I gained a few more dents - one I have no idea where it even came from. Drivers side door a little harder to close now since the rocker panel (or whats left of it) got push up into the door. Did pick up some doors on Sunday so hopefully for next trip I will have half doors.

Back