• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wich Tires

What mud tires for a DD?

• M/T Radial Claws

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • BFG M/T

Votes: 47 56.0%
  • Super Swamper Truxus M/T

Votes: 29 34.5%

• Total voters
YETI said:
I have Bias IROKS on my DD.
goyou.gif

I don't personally run M/T's anymore because of the ride. I have in the past and just recently in a friends Jeep with the trexus they ride pretty god on road and also hadle well off, but they don't clean themselves like I thought they would. My 2 bits. JOE

Id say go with the BFG's. THey are great on and off road, and will also wear great on road. Im getting a set of 35's in a few weeks, so i thank you should get some too. lol

i just bought some 33x12.50 r 15 SS trxus.. so you know where my mind is!

quiet as an AT'
work well in the mud "lots better than MT/r's

i have the trxus mt's....no problems at all...im upgrading to there 33's in a few weeks...go with the swampers...

robz95xj said:
...and will be mounted on 15x8 Cragar soft 8's with 4.5" backspacing.

Just my 2.2 cents, 31x10.5 are well suited to a 7" wide wheel. I had 31" ATs and Trxus on 7" wheels and liked it better then an 8" wheel, on and off road. I run 33x10.5s on 7" wide wheels on my DD.

Like I said, just my 2.2 cents.

...oh yeah, I vote for the Trxus, out of that group. Mad traction all around, very short life if its your DD. Get some Pirelli Scorpion A/Ts, BFG AT KOs, or BFG Long Trails if you want a long lasting, yet useful all terrain tire. 3 tires I have 1st hand experience with.

--Matt

TrXus...ill never buy another tire other then Super Swamper. I cant get over their performance. I have tsls right now and it amazes me every time i go muddin. Im in amherst nh...we should go wheeling sometime :)

Mud tracs made by national. Way cheeper than bfg's and a very stong side wall we've ran them as low as 8 psi in the rocks with no prob's.They have a simillar tread pattern as bfg and there quiet on the road. I wouldn't be recomending them if i wasn't sure they could handle off road abuse.

I recomend national mud tracs not only because there cheeper than the leading brands they are very strong. we've ran them as low as 8 psi in the rocks with no probs! There agressive yet still quiet on the road. I picked up my 32 11.50's for $115.00 ea. I wouldn't recomend them if i wasn't sure there a great tire.Check out www.nationaltire.com.

Just bought a set of 31/10.50 traxus mt's yesterday. I had decided to order BFG MTs, but they had a set of traxus already mounted on MT clasic II rims for $800, $925 with tax and road hazard, so I got traxus. I had been waffeling between the two for a while, sometimes life is strange. Not much openion on them yeat but they look excellent on the xj, and they have a nice sound to them, so far anyway.

Back