• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who's going?

You should come, if your careful you should be good, just get a spotter in tight spots.

So im going to make this one, i was wondering if anyone would be able to let me be the extra car at there camp site? It will just be the xj, me,pup,and possible the Gf. Let me know

thanks guys!

So im going to make this one, i was wondering if anyone would be able to let me be the extra car at there camp site? It will just be the xj, me,pup,and possible the Gf. Let me know

thanks guys!

Camping is free where we usually camp :cheers:

thanks guys!

Should be lots of spots to park around the camp fires. Last year we had two fire pits going, and people moved back and forth between the groups.

BTW, that is a very nice jeep you have. Do those fenders have any give/flex, can you lean into a rock and not have them crack?

Am I gonna destroy my junk?

IMG01119.jpg

Thanks,
Eric[/QUOTE]

I plan on going, assuming I can get gas money. am I going to be okay going through swamp on 30/35 and 35's? I have protection, and I don't care about body damage...
I'm working on a bigger build, but the cash flow isn't happening the way I want it too...

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI Zack, Ben, and Joe:
Non-lead ammunition is ONLY required for hunting. If you are just target shooting, you can use lead. I'll be bringing mine too.

Bring some spare shafts for your rear and you should be good to go. We will probably leave Dinkey Creek around 9am on Friday and be starting it from the Rock Creek Road side.

I plan on going, assuming I can get gas money. am I going to be okay going through swamp on 30/35 and 35's? I have protection, and I don't care about body damage...
I'm working on a bigger build, but the cash flow isn't happening the way I want it too...

Rock Creek Rd is starting on the north side, coming past Swamp Lake and then going down Rooster Rock.

If stock axle shafts and stock steering on 35's you better be easy on that thing. If it was my run I'd say no go, but this is Ben's run. Better have spare front and rear shafts and spare steering links. Body damage isn't an issue, it's pretty wide open, you only do body damage on this trail if you really screw up, but I'd seriously worry about broken parts. The problem with this is a likelyhood of breaking and holding the group up. No one cares about incidental breakage, we just deal with it, but likely breakage is another matter.

I remember changing a broken D35 rear axle one year on this run and he was running 32's.

If stock axle shafts and stock steering on 35's you better be easy on that thing. If it was my run I'd say no go, but this is Ben's run. Better have spare front and rear shafts and spare steering links. Body damage isn't an issue, it's pretty wide open, you only do body damage on this trail if you really screw up, but I'd seriously worry about broken parts. The problem with this is a likelyhood of breaking and holding the group up. No one cares about incidental breakage, we just deal with it, but likely breakage is another matter.

I remember changing a broken D35 rear axle one year on this run and he was running 32's.

Good point Richard. I forget about some of the tougher spots with a lot of weight on your rear axle. Tayman there are a couple of spots that you will need to watch out for, especially when climbing. It is your call if you want to come. If you break, have spares and be able to swap them out quickly.

Anyone who has stock steering should also bring spares

that's what I wanted to know... I'm not the type to slam the skinny pedal, and I tend to blow U-joints before axle shafts... from what I've done, I've found out that if I don't get bouncing, slamming, I'm pretty much OK. I haven't done a whole lot of rocks... mostly really tricky, really flexy dirt. anybody have pics of some of the harder spots? I mean... I do things that even guys with lockers struggle with... just takes some judgment.

Open/open on 35's with a 30 and a 35? And stock stearing, Ouch! What gears in them axles? If you have under 3.73's with 35's your crawl is more of a walk even with an auto.

One of the fun spots, hard to tell how tall it is from this photo:
SF07_0274.jpg

Only one locker was working so I got the finger:
SF07_0308.jpg

Ben H. hooking up on it:
SF07_0313.jpg

Thats is a fun climb, but that is also a long way away from the road:
Jes.jpg

Drop'in down, photos don't show this for what it is at all, just before going down Rooster rock:
DSC_0604.jpg

Everybody say "Hi"
DSC_0593.jpg

I had a hard time in that spot too without my front locker working. It took me a few tries to finally get it. The trail changes from year to year but if you take it easy you should be ok.

Like the guys said - Take it slow, don't rush yourself and stay off the skinny petal.

You have a surplus of spare shafts and joints? How about steering?

Should be fun eh :)

This was back in 2003...

Dana35 with 35s...
standard.jpg

...cute little axles they are...
standard.jpg

...not fun when you have to pull the carrier to get the pieces out...
standard.jpg

Back