• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who's coming to the flog

planning on being there Fri morn looking at staying in the state line area
anyone coming in from the north staying in that area

hey yellowxj, either way is fine with me. either way im in a tent. what i will do, as long as everythin is still good to go here, i will be leaving here around 1 and i am gonna mapquest your address from the other flog thread and will be there as soon as my XJ gets me there. but ill let you know for sure next week but right now i will be there. look forward to meetin all yall then. thanks again.

let me know what route mapquest gives...its a little funny around here sometimes...sending people on back roads and all...

I'm lookin for an open seat for the weekend, as my rig is still not quite trail ready, 400 miles from me and I am lacking in the tow-rig department at this point.

'What's in it for me', you ask???

I'm pretty handy with a wrench, am a fantastic cable puller bi-otch, and usually bring more than enough brews to share... :cheers:

Any takers???

basically, im coming through bristol, go towards knoxville, to I-40, to I-75, to TN-60, to US old copper road, to Weece ROad, to johnsonville, to NC-1107, watson gap road, new liberty road, hardscrabble road, sawmill road, and onto your road. it says 4.5 hours so i might to skip some classes and other stuff and get down there earlier if things work out. but it really all depends on how long my trail rig/DD takes to get there; esp. with that rear end making noises still. im sure you all know what i mean.

Just for the record the last 3 places I camped at, with the family, this year I have had to haul the trash to the dumpster and the restrooms compared to crawfords even during the crawl were hideous by comparison. It may not be the same as when steve ran it, but it is by no means the bottom of the barrel. Crawfords still has entertainment for adults and kids. it now has a little place to get food, you can buy fuel etc...
I think he (Danny?) is doing a pretty good job keeping the place intact and trying to make a buck at the same time. There is nothing wrong with that IMO.
Feel free to flame me on this, I'm just giving my opinion and will get off my soapbox now.

Last edited:
a-mechanic said:
Just for the record the last 3 places I camped at, with the family, this year I have had to haul the trash to the dumpster and the restrooms compared to crawfords even during the crawl were hideous by comparison. It may not be the same as when steve ran it, but it is by no means the bottom of the barrel. Crawfords still has entertainment for adults and kids. it now has a little place to get food, you can buy fuel etc...
I think he (Danny?) is doing a pretty good job keeping the place intact and trying to make a buck at the same time. There is nothing wrong with that IMO.
Feel free to flame me on this, I'm just giving my opinion and will get off my soapbox now.

I agree with Andy! I have been to ORV parks form GA to TX, and Crawford's is still cleaner than the rest of them.

Hey guys... We have a group headed up on Thursday - Sunday. We're staying in a cabin right at the entrance of Trail 1. Here's what we have coming:

Me & Wife: 98 locked F&R on 33's
Woodkrawler & Wife: 92 locked F&R on 33's
Hammerite_05 & friend: 88 MJ locked F&R on 33's
My cousin & brother: M38A1 on 34" LTB's

We haven't gotten as far as deciding what trails we're running but we'll be on the look out for a large group of XJ's... IF you see us the army green Willys will probaby stick out!

Chris

a-mechanic said:
No flames here my friend but I will say it was better in some ways with steve and better in others with Danny. I'm trying to work it out to come but $$$$ and other issues may prevent it yet again! :wierd:

FWIW, I got the email below from Danny at Crawford's camp. I contacted him about my little group of Ramchargers, but he is inviting NAXJA as well. He would like a head count.

-------------------------------------------

Hey,
How many and what type of sites. I am discounting camping 50% for those dates and cooking Hamburgers/Hot dogs on Sat. free of charge. As for the rock competition, there has not been much interest, so that may not go down, maybe do some type of raffle. Let the folks the guys of NAXJA know-they are welcome. I promise to try to keep the place from going any further down hill...HAHAHA.
P.S. I need to have some type of number so I know how much food to purchase.
Thanks,
Danny

F W <[email protected]> wrote:
I see you are having an event there Nov 3-5. Don't
forget I am still coming with a few other guys that
same weekend. I hope you still have room :)

Thanks
Forrest
---------------------------------------------
Danny
Crawford's Campground
828-837-9077
www.crawfordsattellico.com
[email protected]

Sorry guys but we're out...just can't get it all together in time...

Hopfully we'll make the next one...

Meeting time at the Ranger station??? CB channel??

Friday morning I am meeting someone at the "wide spot" on the TN side, where trail #1 crossed the river. We will meet at 9:45am. If anyone wants to ride with us, meet us there. I don't have a winch, and only one locker, so I will have to just watch the hard stuff :)

I will be camping at state line
so that may work for me will be with a couple others
me in a white 96 country and a silver MJ cab only rig
both of us are locked front and rear and have winchs so we got you covered
I think we plan on trying to do slickrock

88blackwidowXJ said:
basically, im coming through bristol, go towards knoxville, to I-40, to I-75, to TN-60, to US old copper road, to Weece ROad, to johnsonville, to NC-1107, watson gap road, new liberty road, hardscrabble road, sawmill road, and onto your road. it says 4.5 hours so i might to skip some classes and other stuff and get down there earlier if things work out. but it really all depends on how long my trail rig/DD takes to get there; esp. with that rear end making noises still. im sure you all know what i mean.

Forget everything after US74/old copper road(its a pretty drive IIRC, twisty mountain road?)....just take that road all the way to SPUR 60 and turn right onto spur 60...spur 60 goes from 4 lanes to 2 as it goes from NC in to GA...we're about 3 miles into georgia...be ready to turn left after you pass the mile marker #5...you should be able to see a huge tan metal building up the hill on your left..."to Weece ROad, to johnsonville, to NC-1107, watson gap road, new liberty road, hardscrabble road, sawmill road,"....those are all back roads/maybe gravel

I'm still on, be there fri. before noon, camping at Crawfords.
As far meet times go, At the pay station sat morn.between
9:00am and 10:00 am.
We might try and afternoon ride fri.
will try to be at pay station around 1:00pm and 2:00PM
See you there.

I'm not going to make it. Got stuff that came up Friday that has to get done.

Back