• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who has the highest Miles on an OEM 4.0L...no head/cylinder work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow well not quite as high as you all but 89 with 188k at least thats what it said when i got it the odometer dont work so hard tellin how many more its had on it between it quitin workin an me gettin my hands on it

I have a 89 XJ with 306000k , but dont know if any major work has been done.

i might have the win, 96 country with 400,000 and counting. i wonder if that gets me a coupon for another jeep or something. no major repairs by the way, no leaks, no smoke, and runs pretty damn strong too. it will probably decide its had enough one day and just explode on me.

Well, by far I don't have the highest mileage, but I might be close to the most miles/year. 2001 with 172000 on the clock and getting ready to drive NY->Seattle next week.

I haven't done any major work to it, but a previous owner had to replace the transfer case and radiator. We'll see what kind of work it needs in 2 weeks.

Ben

'88 model pioneer with 399583.7 and STILL rolling strong, although the Puke-oh is starting to really scream in anything except 5th gear, unless you hold the clutch out. (then it sounds normal). Sorry thing is actually rusting away from being used for snow removal/salt spreading duties. The valve cover WILL NOT let go of the motor, so I am going to let it keep dribbling until the motor finally blows.

I just bought an 89 with 167,291 on the clock. Now ive got that one and my other 89 with 202,503 miles on it. There both babies.

I have a '93 (currently for sale) with 251,000 miles on it in good running order (other that typical piston slap on start up!)

just a young-in compared to some of you guys, 95 4.0 199k on it, and just now started to get an exhuast leak, manifolds cracked, steady diet of 20w50 and lucas oil every 3000, runs like a champ

'92 with 225,000 miles. I'm the original owner and can assure you it has been poorly maintained. Runs like a top, strong as ever. Just leaks oil.
This thread is over 2 years old and pops up all the time. WHY DOESN'T SOMEBODY MAKE THIS THREAD A STICKY!!!!!!!

Ive got a 97 and i freakin hate it. Its got 98000 miles on it and still is a turd!!! I mean even after i got it regeared this thing drives like a slug. It almost feels like something is holding it back. It could be the tranny (aw4) but i dont know. Man i have been babying this thing since i got it at 56000 miles, but not any more. Im going to punish her!!! aahh hahaha haha hahahahaaaaaa....!!!! My 92 was a million times better than these newr crap boxes. Why did i have to roll her......
:scottm:

289,000 miles on my all stock 90 XJ Laredo, and still going strong. Just replaced the transfer case about 6 weeks ago(original/stock) but the engine won't die. It's like the Energizer bunny...it's just keeps going and going and going...

Going for 300,000 miles...and beyond

BD
Somewhere in the Rocky Mountains

"Why replace it?...just fix it and groove on down the road..."

I have 191,000 Miles on my 98. Only work done is the replacement of 4 water pumps (remans are junk). Oil changed every 10-15K with Castrol synthetic 10w-30. Hopefully it will last to 500K ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back