• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which Locker do you HAVE? POLL

Which locker(s) do you HAVE? Poll

• Total voters
TrueTrac front and rear on my 89 and I have been happy enough that I am going to put them in my 97 as well. Simple, cheep and only requires a bump of the brake pedal to lock up when a tire is in the air.

03' Rubicon Tru Loc's Front and Rear

Rear is limited slip when unlocked, front open when unlocked.

XJR

Super 30 ARB
35 non C-clip ARB

redXJlimited said:
Lockright/D30 NoSlip/8.25
A question for those who have put a automatic locker in the front. Whats the deal with on road driving? I live where we get like 8 months worth of snow, but I rarely drive out of town, and live near the rubicon,barretts lake and the like. I'm not afraid of quirky driving, but I don't want to turn my daily driver into a death trap either. Whats the reality to this?

sleeperjeeper said:
A question for those who have put a automatic locker in the front. Whats the deal with on road driving? I live where we get like 8 months worth of snow, but I rarely drive out of town, and live near the rubicon,barretts lake and the like. I'm not afraid of quirky driving, but I don't want to turn my daily driver into a death trap either. Whats the reality to this?

Do not lock it. You will never drive on the street again.

Get a limited slip or selectable.

LocRite in the front and the short wheelbase will have you hating it!

XJRubicon said:

wha? i am runnin a lock rite in the front of my dd and you never notice it when in 2wd.....a full locker is only locked when torque is applied to the yoke/pinion.....therefore when in 2wd you the front is not locked....

anyways i am running a lockrite front detroit rear.....

XJRubicon said:

Here we go....Do you or have you ever had a loc-rite in the front of your Jeep? You statement is bogus! Unless you are refering to driving in snow while in 4wd but that goes for all lockers!

Dana 30 - Loc-rite
8.8 - Full Detroit

lowrange2 said:
Here we go....Do you or have you ever had a loc-rite in the front of your Jeep? You statement is bogus! Unless you are refering to driving in snow while in 4wd but that goes for all lockers!

Dana 30 - Loc-rite
8.8 - Full Detroit

I will be doing quite a bit of driving in the snow during the winter. How does it react around turns in the snow? Like I said, if its just a matter of being careful, I can handle that.

I have had:

no-slip
tru-track
aussie
arb
detroit
lock-rite
tracklock
ected

I currently run a Detroit in the rear and Arb in the front.

But of course mister dash G, you know that, as you've wheeled my rig. :)

sleeperjeeper said:
I will be doing quite a bit of driving in the snow during the winter. How does it react around turns in the snow? Like I said, if its just a matter of being careful, I can handle that.

I ve had an aussie up front for a few years now and drive a lot up where you are in the winter. Lift off the gas into a turn, back on the gas out of the turn and you will have zero problems. I ve never had a problem in the snow with my front locker driving like this.

jeepme said:
I ve had an aussie up front for a few years now and drive a lot up where you are in the winter. Lift off the gas into a turn, back on the gas out of the turn and you will have zero problems. I ve never had a problem in the snow with my front locker driving like this.

Thanks for the input.

Back