• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where would you go to start over?

Pack the boat with rum and crackers.

Hang a right at Sandy Hook and head south until I found better rum.

--Matt

You can't run away from your problems. The only thing I found that works is to hunker down and weather the storms and have a good hobby.

West Virginia eh... hmmmm.

Anything you want to come back for, put in a storage unit with the rent paid WAY in advance.

pick me up on the way bye-- I'll be the schmuck on the beach with a pitcher of purple passion and some grapefruit Juicy Fruit

Unless you are in a bikini for anatomical reasons and not a fetish, no can do.

--Matt

Alaska. That way you don't have to give up your citizenship and rights that so many of us fought for. Plus, you can live off the land, or get eaten by a bear.

I was thinking Afgahnistan, Iraq, or some other garden place.

I like the Yellowstone idea too. But really, what are you running from? If there are legal entanglements they will find you eventually. If you're running because you feel that you've f@#ked up everything and burned too many bridges then by all means pack it up and start a new life, just don't f-up anymore. Change your life and become the person you want to be, not who you were.

I've lived in about 8 states in the past few years and no matter what, after a while you miss where you're from....i keep going back to taxachusetts like I'm herpes

with that being said I would fill up my backpacking gear and squat in Yosemite :thumbup:

Colorado and I'd take my jeep with me! If the SHTF before i could get there though. I would drive an hour to my Cousin's place in KY. Its a clearing on top of a hill surrounded by trees and he has lots of guns.

Last edited:
Why you want to leave? Just fed up in general? A change of scenery can make a huge difference. (That was pretty much what I did) Serious warning: If you're the social type, you will be leaving all your friends behind. That is about the only real down-side to moving across the country.

I made the move from NY to AZ last August... you definitely miss your friends! Then they come visit and its all good! hahaha

Just go to cubaaaaa

For the OP.

You know, just getting out of Mass would make you feel like you are living in a different world. Food for thought.

Yep. After 50 years moved 38 miles north of San Francisco (two countys away) and the only thing I miss is being one street away from my Dad and sister.

For the OP, move some where the climate is temparate. Easy to get lost in a City, but easier to get by in a town.

Back