• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where should I mount my backup lights?

inthepuddle.jpg

build a bumper and mount aux fog lights like this. i replaced the 55w H3 bulb with a 100w H3 bulb.

I am wondering where to mount my backup lights on my XJ. I can't put them on top of the bumper because it interferes with the hatch opening. I can't put them in the bumper, because it is stock and I am afraid that cutting on it will severely weaken it. Can't put them under the bumper because I would just tear them off. I really don't want to drill through my roof and have them sticking in the air. I thought about putting them inside of the rear hatch as my best option. Anyone have any creative suggestions?

You aren't gonna weaken that bumper by mounting them in it. Plus its gonna crumple like a pop can if you hit anything with it anyways.

r the aurora lights bright at all. most stock lights arent. i know u guys use them for a reason but i do alot of night mountain runs and its fing dark. just want something that will light up. i really like the way they look but if they arent bright enough then its a worthless swap to me.

r the aurora lights bright at all. most stock lights arent. i know u guys use them for a reason but i do alot of night mountain runs and its fing dark. just want something that will light up. i really like the way they look but if they arent bright enough then its a worthless swap to me.

They are pretty bright. I have dark tint on my back window and couldn't see anything with the stock lights, but now I have much more confidence and can see quite a bit better.

The bulbs appear to be 20-30 watts depending on what bulbs you have. I am going to test them to see how bright they are before I start cutting on my hatch. If they are not bright enough, I will mount them inside of the hatch as interior lights.

FYI - I went to install the Aurora lights last night and realized that they are deeper than the thickness of the hatch. It appears like the bulb holders would have to pop through the trim of the hatch. Don't think I like that idea. I think I have decided to mounts some 100 watt fog lights I have laying around in the same location as the Aurora lights, but they are not as thick. I will post pictures when done.

Back