• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

When are you leaving?

If the Jeep's done, we'll be up there Thursday night by 10pm (can't leave work until 5ish).

We also have a Timbers game on Sunday, so I think we'll be heading out at the crack of down on Sunday so we make it home in time. But, that still gives us a couple days of wheeling.

Just found out there is a dirt-bike poker run this same weekend, staging for the event will be in Long Meadow campground.
I will be there Thursday mid-day to secure a good spot, hopefully.

Be prepared, the campground might be unusually full during NWFest this year.

Link to event and flyer, maybe some of you have dirt-bikes and want to participate.....looks like its Sunday only.

http://www.nmaoffroad.org/event/show/129306359

Last edited:
That makes sense, I have a few wheeling buddies that said they were gonna be up there the same time as us, but I knew they weren't wheeling so that's what's going on..... Hopefully it's not too packed

If everything runs smoothly, we might head up Thursday.

Want to get up early enough to get our preferred spot.

Someone at my office was talking about the poker run, how busy do you guys think the trails will be?

There are so many miles of trails we should be fine. Rarely do you see a trail at Naches get backed up because of too much traffic.

How packed do you think it will be? And what's the plan if the camp is full?

I have seen that campground filled to capacity, with no open camp spots and maybe 300 rigs jammed in there.

I doubt we will see those kinds of numbers but it could be busier than it has been in recent years.

I looked up the rally and they said they filled long meadow camp little naches and other empty spaces. And long meadow is roped off in there video with fire trucks and ambulances on stand by. So we will see what we get there too.

F***ing wonderful.....
Should be interesting

We should be there before most of them fill in. But they do have a huge event.
I looked and long meadow said first come first serve so we should be ok. It will just be really busy.
There event has insurance and permits through the forest service so its not just a small group.

Anyone look up when they usually show up? Which day? We were headed over Thursday, but shoot, should we head over earlier?

It is what it is, folks.

Too late in the game to change our location, and Long Meadow suits our needs the best (low cost, central to the trails, easy access). I know I'll be heading up Wednesday morning, and will work on securing a group area for us. I would imagine we'll shoot for the end of the meadow like years past. Look for the parachute and NAXJA banner.

With increased traffic will likely come increased patrols. Make sure to pay your camping fees ($5 a night), and keep your speed down through the meadow loop.

Naches is huge, and there are a ton of trail miles for all groups to spread out. It's not uncommon to spend all day on the trails, and not come across another rig until we hit pavement. NWF is going to be a great time!

Back