• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheels

levi11

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for wheels. What wheels look good on an XJ? Give me your opinion. I've been looking at the pro comp 7089 in black. Something other than a black steel wheel.

Go to tirerack.com and select your vehicle, then when you click on a wheel it will show it on the car... or go to the jeep picture thread and browse around, but black steelies are the king around here

Check out Discount Tire, they have a good selection of Black Rock and other wheels. They make a nice steelie and some good looking (IMO) aluminum wheels. They'll usually set you up with a discount if you buy wheels and tires together, too...

Dodge magnum/charger wheels in 17" flavor look good if you have a lift and running at minimum a 31" tire, better with 33"+.

Was at the jy yesterday, there were a couple factory alloy rims on a late model WJ that looked real sharp. Would have grabbed them but there were only 3 and one was chipped real bad.

I run soft 8's. Yes they are common but I beat up on mine regularly and they are less than $50 a wheel.

I personally like my ford ranger edge wheels in the 16" variety
385063_10151082791802957_441937524_n.jpg

Was at the jy yesterday, there were a couple factory alloy rims on a late model WJ that looked real sharp. Would have grabbed them but there were only 3 and one was chipped real bad.

WJ wheels won't fit an XJ unless you change the bolt pattern away from stock.

If you want aluminum wheels the Dodge Charger/Chrysler 300/Dodger Magnum have wheels that will work. Don't know the back spacing, but close to stock as they stick about 1/4" more than stock. IIRC a few people have also used the steel wheels off them as well.

17s:
P1260877.jpg

If I were to buy a set of wheels I would go with factory jeep or dodge wheels& spacers, I hate dealing with centercaps(rusty/corrosion)

Back