• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'Wheeling in South Dakota

What kind of BS is that, That's not wheeling, fire roads, You should hide after saying that. :D Fire roads. Ha! HA HA HA!!! Ha LOL HA!

mark

Bone stock blazer, what else ya gonna get yer wheelin' fix on when your not even supposed to be wheelin'. Wrong coasters :rolleyes:

I thought I already posted this.....But
Lets plan it for spring. Laura was out there in mid summer and it is HOT, 100*+!

April, May, or early June are the best. April or May would be the best for me since my construction company really gets busy after June 1st.

I am curious what happened to this post the first time, mabey I did not click the right button?

I won't do SD in the spring. I would like to run the Challenge just to see how the BH4Wheelers handle things. I've heard nothing but good about their event. Besides, call me crazy but I enjoy wheelin' with vehicles other than XJ's from time to time. They still had 13 or so openings left when the event rolled around this year. I think Sep. would be an excellent time to go. Plus then it could still be a remote possibility that I could make it to JV in Nov. I doubt it though. If the competition thing isn't going on, I'm down with Disney in late April.

September sounds good for SD, but, NACFest nonwithstanding, mid-June could be a possibility too (as a variation on Mark's reply, "I can hit Paragon any old weekend").

And, as you hard-core boys are salivating over the Black Hills possibilities, leave some room for the "heavy moderate" bunch also - I volunteer to focus on that. Besides, you'll need some still-running rigs to drag your broken-ass junk back to your trailers! :D

Mike in NJ :patriot:

Damn 2004 is looking like I need a different job.

Dec, Jan - Ice Racing Season

Feb, autocross, BOTW

Mar Autocross through Sept, World Rally in Mexico

April Disney OK

June Formula One - Indy

July CO NAXJA event

Sept SCCA Nationals KS

Oct Moab
Oh yeah bring it on. I like won ton's idea of SD in Aug or Sept.

Be careful what you say Mike, it may not be very pleasant being teatherd to the back of one of the "hardcore" guys on the muddy trip back to the campground to fix your junk.

Grant, I like your schedule. Need a pit punk for world rally?

OneTonXJ said:
it may not be very pleasant being teatherd to the back of one of the "hardcore" guys on the muddy trip back to the campground to fix your junk.

:D What mud hole? :D

mark

Mr. O.T. - I'm crushed you could say something like that :( - after all the loyal gophering I've provided over the years!

Well, at least I won't have to worry about your threat - don't recall seeing a sanctioned NAXJA towpoint on Easy! ;)

So, are you still planning to head East at the end of NOV?

Mike in NJ :patriot:

What you talkin' about. I've probably got more tow points than anybody in the club :D

We'll see about headin' east, may have to push it into the early part of Dec. I haven't been workin' so money is tight.

you'll need some still-running rigs to drag your broken-ass junk back to your trailer

What else is new :rolleyes: and careful whatcha wish for.

Even the unjunkiest works of XJ or MJ art are but one "golden pebble" away from the tug-um strap, or worse degradation...

Hmmm we gots us another Tellico trip on Halloween! Be very afraid for our junk :viking: Y'all are welcome to come out with the SE boys & girls and play!

:confused:

Back on topic...

Both Dakotas would be fun!

So, is this just empty talk, or are you guys really considering a run to S. Dakota?

I've always wanted to go there, and sort of checked it out for a NAXJA run before, but didn't find anyone at that time who was familiar with the trails. It would be a great chance to get together with you guys that are in the mid-west and east. I'd say that it would be good to wheel with some CO guys, but I know Grant and Led are the only ones who might show up. :D

I may have to make the 'Con a long weekend run again this year, and reserve a week for the Dakotas. The Dakota Territory Challenge looks like it's on Labor Day weekend, I have to work that weekend and can't get it off. They require registration for the next years event by Dec 15 of this year, then they do a lottery to fill up the 100 spots. Looks like it would be tough for us to all get in.....if I could go then.

I could possibly be up for a week long trip there. It could also be a BOTW trip, maybe in 2005. We're hoping Surprise Canyon is open by then, and we can get some of you guys out for that, plus a few days in JV.

Wheeling trips.......so many places to go....so little time to do it. :) :)

Back