• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheelin this weekend? (6/26/04)

basalt51

NAXJA Member #761
Anyone? The wife may be away so I'm ready to do some wheelin.

basalt51 said:
Anyone? The wife may be away so I'm ready to do some wheelin.

How about the 4th of July weekend? I just got back from the Rubicon and need to get stuff done this coming weekend. Where were you thinking of going? Check with Brett, he is itching to go as much as possible.

steinjeep said:
How about the 4th of July weekend? I just got back from the Rubicon and need to get stuff done this coming weekend. Where were you thinking of going? Check with Brett, he is itching to go as much as possible.

Well, since there are already 3 fourth of july run posts I don't really want to talk about that. I want to do something close and only takes one day. I'm thinking fordyce or play around at that OHV park type place NE of truckee. I forget what it's called but one of the Cal4WD runs is held there. But I'm open to suggestions.

basalt51 said:
Well, since there are already 3 fourth of july run posts I don't really want to talk about that. I want to do something close and only takes one day. I'm thinking fordyce or play around at that OHV park type place NE of truckee. I forget what it's called but one of the Cal4WD runs is held there. But I'm open to suggestions.

I could probably do Fordyce with you Saturday the 7/3. I need to get stuff done at home after my Rubicon run last weekend. My tranny also blew in my 98' grand cherokee so I need to get quotes and see if I want to rebuild it or get a J & W or Jeep Recyclers, etc tranny. This really sucks. I went to the Lost Coast trail got stuck in water, had no tools and everything was closed on that weekend so I had to drive home and then I brought it to AAmaco and they did a tranny flush and replaced my seals and tried to get me to pay $2,500 for a rebuild. To make a long story short I have $800 already into the tranny from them and it just went out on me yesterday. I thought it would start slipping and go out, not just go out all of a sudden. I was able to creep home over a mile by starting it and stopping it, after starting it, I was able to get a small amt of grip in drive before it would slip and then I'd just coast and then turn it off and then on again. Maybe I did this a dozen times to get home yesterday, now it's in my garage and all the tranny fluid leaked out. I would like to get a 4th of July weekend day run in, let me know if this will work. I think most people would favor this, but then again they could be out of town.
Troy

steinjeep said:
I could probably do Fordyce with you Saturday the 7/3. I need to get stuff done at home after my Rubicon run last weekend. My tranny also blew in my 98' grand cherokee so I need to get quotes and see if I want to rebuild it or get a J & W or Jeep Recyclers, etc tranny. This really sucks. I went to the Lost Coast trail got stuck in water, had no tools and everything was closed on that weekend so I had to drive home and then I brought it to AAmaco and they did a tranny flush and replaced my seals and tried to get me to pay $2,500 for a rebuild. To make a long story short I have $800 already into the tranny from them and it just went out on me yesterday. I thought it would start slipping and go out, not just go out all of a sudden. I was able to creep home over a mile by starting it and stopping it, after starting it, I was able to get a small amt of grip in drive before it would slip and then I'd just coast and then turn it off and then on again. Maybe I did this a dozen times to get home yesterday, now it's in my garage and all the tranny fluid leaked out. I would like to get a 4th of July weekend day run in, let me know if this will work. I think most people would favor this, but then again they could be out of town.
Troy

UGG. You're hopeless Troy. :moon:

F

O

C

U

S

Anyone else? Everybody making repairs this weekend?

basalt51 said:
UGG. You're hopeless Troy. :moon:

F

O

C

U

S

Jason, how was the Reggae festival? Lot of :smoker: :D I like that music too, but more Sublime style. The Rubicon trip was awesome. I hope to go back a few times this summer. My jeep did great with the arb/detroit and I didn't have too many problems with traction. Could you go wheeling 4th of July weekend too, or do you have plans?
Troy

:doh:

basalt51 said:

What's the supposed to mean dude??? :dunno:
Make some peoples' day and don't scare them too much with your driving. :scared:

Basically,
basalt51 said:
I want to wheel this weekend. Who else wants to wheel this weekend?
steinjeep said:
I can't wheel this weekend. How about 4th of July?
basalt51 said:
There are already runs planned for the 4th. I'm thinking about these trails for this weekend:.....
steinjeep said:
I could do Fordyce over 4th of July weekend. (ZJ issues.) Let's talk about the 4th.
basalt51 said:
Don't hijack my thread.
steinjeep said:
I like music. Let's talk about the 4th.
basalt51 said:
steinjeep said:
I like to type.

:D:D:D:D All in good fun, on my end anyhow.

OMG.

Phil, that makes my whole week.

CRASH

Phil Weeks said:
Basically,

:D:D:D:D All in good fun, on my end anyhow.

Good 1 dude. :roflmao: Just trying to shake things up around here. :yap:

I think I could die at peace now. Thankyou.

Wow you guys are easy to please! I'm happy I amuse you guys. So who's in for some wheeling on the 4th of July weekend? Maybe we can get a harder/longer trail like the Rubicon in a 2 day range on Sat-Sun. Short and sweet, I know you guys don't know/like reading much. Sorry there aren't any pics to my post.

Back